Thread: Toshiba Satellite P500-ST6844 Display Driver stopped responding

Toshiba Satellite P500-ST6844 Display Driver stopped responding

I am using Toshiba Satellite P500-ST6844 from last few months I have installed the Windows 7 operating system on it . I received the message at unsystematic way after several times in recent months and that is nothing but "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. NVIDIA Display Driver for kernel-mode driver for Windows, version 188.29 has stopped responding”. I went to Toshiba section and download the latest version of the updated NVIDIA driver file I installed the driver and the new version is not. is 259.12. In recent days I have received this message again but with the new version does not. 259.12. Does anyone know what this could be related? The system is under warranty for a month, but I like to think of having to send it back and lose all my application settings! Any help is appreciated.

Re: Toshiba Satellite P500-ST6844 Display Driver stopped responding

Well here in this case if you have to solve this issue then you need to just try and disable SLI in the nVidia control panel and see if that will reduce the BSODs and twisted behavior - I did it my X205-Win7 SLi5 after Win Vista Home Premium last early last year, and is the only solution that I have found that the noise reduction tests for each version of the GeForce including the official version of Win7.

The first question which creeps in my mind here is that whether you have installed any other software on the laptop that you are using I mean to say that have you installed any latest application in recent times before the error. Because the thing here is that there might be a problem with software or the application and it may corrupt the operating system or the drivers of the same . Now what you have to do immediately find out which one is the software that you have recently installed and immediately remove the same. And I hope that doing the same will definitely help you to solve the issue.

I did it before downloading the Nvidia display driver on Nvidia's website directly, but soon realized that there must be in the pages of Toshiba's own support, then did so after a few weeks and found that I can also have the same from Toshiba along with other OEMs to modify the video card and other equipment to suit your system configuration accordingly. The problem with downloading Nvidia, when the laptop went to sleep due to inactivity, will not recover unless the system is rebooted. And that created the problem for me and I am confident that it is the similar kind of issue that you are facing then you can solve the same.

According to me the error clearly says that there is something really went wrong with the drivers that you have installed and once the drivers are properly installed on the system and that to the updated one then you will definitely able to solve this issue. I am sure that it will help you to get rid of the problem and then you can have a go at the same. And if you are not having the updated drivers then you can go to the official site and then can download the required one from there.