Thread: Splintered screen on Toshiba Satellite p100/110

Splintered screen on Toshiba Satellite p100/110

This may sound strange but by opening my notebook I see a huge crack between my screen into three parts. The laptop was as usual on the desktop. I am surprised at this finding because it did not shock them. But it seems that there is no way to prove the contrary to Toshiba. I bought it at the crossroads and he charges 600 for the repair. I said that my PC is a Toshiba Satellite p100/110. I told myself that the only possible reason was that the slab was too tight and really don’t know what to do know so please need the help from some of the officials here.

Re: Splintered screen on Toshiba Satellite p100/110

It really does not often that the screen breaks alone. The panel screws are not just laid between the blocks, so it's hard to crack. But still I guess that there must be some amount of pressure on the laptop and that is the reason you are getting this kind of response. Because it happens that if the laptop is not doing well and in your case it have some crashes too then I think you need to consult the Toshiba for this problem.

I have gone though many notebook but never seen such issue before is it possible that the pc remained on display closed or in stand-by in a bag. To me, if not a shock, or pressure, it must be from a thermal effect, a slab does not crack like that, especially since this is not the plexus glass but which is much less fragile. How do you transported? I have already noted that some Cases exercise a lot of pressure when it was properly zipped bag, especially if you catch a lot of documents and other accessory. Because that is the only thing that can damage the screen.

I was having the same issue with the laptop but mine was Sony waio anyways the problem was identical. And I guess you are also going through the similar phase. Now what you have to do here is that just try and contact the Toshiba customer care nearby and then you have to place a complaint over there saying that the problem is regarding the screen and I am sure that they will cooperate with you and also will provide you the new one if and only if the laptop is under warranty.

For the flight I had not considered this possibility, but it's been 2 months since I returned, so contact them to tell them that my PC was broken during transport is big enough. Then even if it may be stupid to some I do not want to for redress. I would contact them anyway to see what they can for me. Toshiba models on the most common problem is the appearance of cracks on the hinge. I am more than motivated to solve the problem.