Thread: Toshiba A660 DVD writer does not burn disk

Toshiba A660 DVD writer does not burn disk

Hello friends I had brought this new DVD writer for my Toshiba A660, since the previous one had got damaged and it was not detecting any CD inserted into it. After I installed the new DVD writer into the laptop, I played many CD’s and all of them were working properly. But when I tried to burn one CD I found out that the DVD R would not burn the disk despite giving the commands several times, so can someone help me to know that what is the problem and how will I get it solved.

Re: Toshiba A660 DVD writer does not burn disk

Hey what I think is that since you are able to read the all the disks when inserted in the drive but you are not able to burn a blank CD so what I would suggest is that you might have not got Nero to install perfectly onto your laptop that is maybe some of the files may have went missing and that is why you are unable to carry out the burn process of the CD properly, my first suggestion would be reinstall the Nero and then see if you can get the DVD writer to burn the CD properly.

Dude make sure that while inserting the DVD ROM onto your laptop you have correctly inserted the cables properly into the DVD ROM that comes from the motherboard inside the laptop. Since if you have not got this fitted properly you will not be allowed to carry out some of the functions like the burning process of the CD which you are currently not being able to carry out.

Since your previous writer that you were having on your laptop was also damaged and even after inserting this new also you are unable to carry out the burn procedure so I think it can be that the internals of the laptop which gets connected to the DVD ROM might have been damaged and that is even if you insert a new working DVD ROM you are unable to get it working so, I think that it would be better if you get it checked from the shop or from a engineer or something who has the knowledge about it.

If still you are unable to burn the blank disc then what I think is that the new DVD writer that you might have just inserted into the laptop might have also been damaged, since it is detecting the media CD but unable to write onto it so what I think is that the write procedure for this disk might have got damaged and due to it you are not able to burn any CD from it. Replace the DVD ROM with a new one and see if you are able to get that work perfectly.