Thread: Toshiba Satellite L300D touch pad not working

Toshiba Satellite L300D touch pad not working

I have a Toshiba Satellite L300D laptop which is running Windows XP in it. It was working fine till yesterday. But when I started it today morning to use it I was pretty much shocked to know that the touchpad is not working. I don’t remember any incident of physical damage to my laptop. I am still unable to find the cause of this problem. What could be the reason? How can I get over it and again use my functioning touchpad? Anyone with any suggestion then please help me. It will be appreciated.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L300D touch pad not working

Do you remember any instance of any update last night? Or did you install any new application yesterday night which would have caused this trouble. There is a possibility that your system files (your touchpad driver’s file) must have been infected with some kind of virus. I would recommend you to scan your entire system with an updated antivirus. If you have installed any new application yesterday night then you can uninstall it and check if you’re your touchpad is working fine again or not (assuming that the application must be conflicting with your touchpad drivers and thus hampering it’s functioning)

You should do the basic things first, like check whether the Touchpad mouse is enabled or not. You can do that by navigating to any one of the following two paths:
    • First right click on My Computer and select properties. A new window will appear. Choose the Hardware tab and click on the Device Manager Button. Search the name of your touchpad name and click enable. Finally click on Apply and restart your system.
    OR
    • Start > Control Panel > Mouse > Device Settings tab.Here make sure that the device is enabled. Click on the setting box and check the Enable checkbox. Apply and restart your system.

You should try to update the touchpad drivers. If possible search for the latest update for your touchpad and install it. I would suggest you to install a completely new instance of the drivers and then check if the touch pad is working or not. You can visit the official site of Toshiba and click the download link. A new page will appear. Select the model and download the touchpad drivers. Install the drivers and restart the laptop for the changes to take place. Hope it works for you.

You should follow these steps to enable the touchpad. To turn on the touchpad press the F9 key while holding down the Fn key. This will enable the touch screen. You can disable the touchpad by pressing the F7 key while holding down the Fn key in your keyboard. These few steps and you can control when you wish to enable or disable the functioning of your touchpad. I am sure this will help you clear your problems. Enjoy!!