Thread: Graphic not working in Toshiba Satellite M35X-S309

Graphic not working in Toshiba Satellite M35X-S309

I am using Toshiba Satellite M35x – S309 and it is running Windows XP Home edition. Recently I have started facing this weird problem. Whenever I ON my laptop, the initial screen which is usually black in color is seems to be in green color. After the boot up also there is a bright green color in the graphics. I am unable to understand what is causing this problem. This thing is really annoying now. What can I do to get rid of it? Anyone have any good solutions than please give me some suggestions.

re: Graphic not working in Toshiba Satellite M35X-S309

You said that the trouble started all of a sudden, so there is a high chance that your system must have been infected by virus. The virus must have infected your graphic driver’s files and that must be causing all this green screen trouble. I would suggest you to do a complete scan of your system and check if your system is infected by any virus or malware. Always keep your antivirus updated and do a time to time scanning of your whole system to prevent any further infection to your files. If your system files are infected then you won’t be having any option other then formatting your system and reinstalling the OS.

You must uninstall the drivers and then again install it. It will be better if you downloaded the latest version of your graphic driver from the official site and install it in your system. Don’t forget to restart your system when recommended. As you have got Intel Graphic integrated in your laptop (got to know from your laptop’s specification) you need to install it’s respective chipset driver to install the correct driver for it. Hope it helps you.

I scanned my system and fortunately did not find any virus in my system. I also downloaded the chipset from the official website of Intel and it did work for several hours. Then again it got back to the old problem and the green screen started occurring again. I even tried getting updates for the drivers but it fails during installation. It is always showing Video Controller with no driver and no driver to reinstall. I am very much irritated with the problem and am planning to reinstall the OS and the drivers by sending the laptop to the service center. Still if anyone have any solution then please help me.

As the problem started all of a sudden, I strongly feel that there must be some physical damage done to the laptop. May be your LCD cable broke or must have loosened up. Also you said in your first post that the Toshiba screen is Green in color at the very beginning when you start it, so it is quite possible that your video cable or the LCD must have got damaged. Does opening and closing the lid or the screen brings up any changes or have any other effect? You should probably send your laptop for repair because such internal problems cannot be solved by non-technical people. The process can be a little expensive unless your laptop is still under warranty period.

Re: Graphic not working in Toshiba Satellite M35X-S309

You can also try restoring the computer to the way it was when you first got it either by doing system restores or by running the restore disk that came with your laptop. If the system restore did not fix the problem, then it is for sure that you have a hardware problem. It is possible that you might have ended up installing unknown updates through Windows updates and thus have changed few settings. Also as your GPU is part of the motherboard, it will also be needed to changed.