Thread: Toshiba Satellite A505-S698 DVD drive stopped working

Toshiba Satellite A505-S698 DVD drive stopped working

I have the Toshiba Satellite A505-S698. My CD/DVD drive (drive F) works sporadically. Sometimes I can utilize it for playing as well as recording and at times it stops functioning in the center of process. Many of the times the drive (F) gets fade away from Windows Explorer totally. Further times I can enter the properties box intended for the F drive and below the general tab it has "Currently, this device is not connected to the computer (Code 45).” Please help me that how can I come out of the issue?

Re: Toshiba Satellite A505-S698 DVD drive stopped working

The very first thing that you need to check in such cases is that if the laptop that you are using is under warranty or not? If the laptop is under warranty then you will not have to do anything from your side. Just make the contact with the Toshiba Tech Support and them for the issue. They are the people who know that what are the probable issues that can be there for this laptop and also the way to resolve the problem. This is the best thing to do in the cases like this and this should be your first steps to resolve the issue.

There is one more possibility for this that the lens of your DVD drives is not working properly and that is the reason that it is not functioning properly. I don’t think that the lens gets replaced. But you can make use of the lens cleaner and clean the lens. It is not very costly and you will get that easily on any stationary shop. You will get the complete instruction that how you can use that with the instruction book with that. That also comes with many qualities and you can take the one with good quality. I wish that this will solve the problem for you.

As the DVD drive is not functioning properly could be due to the hardware failure otherwise because of offensive cabling. First make sure if the connecting cables are attached to the DVD drive correctly and be certain that there is no wobbly attachments. If the cables are correctly attached, then acquire the DVD drive checked at the nearby service center. Many of the time the loose connections comes as the reason for the issues like this. See if re-cabling can resolve this problem or not.

You can go to the steps below and see if you can get the DVD drive return to works
    1. First of all click Start and type “Device Manager "In search field.
    2. Click on plus sign (+ ) next to the DVD / CD-ROM .
    3. If DVD / CD-ROM do not come out in the list then go to Step 2 to reorganize the power and reinsert drive cables if essential.
    4. Choose drive name and click button uninstall and stay around 5 seconds.
    5. Click on action chosen and Search for hardware changes and wait until Windows finds as well as installs the CD / DVD.
    6. Once completed, the drive name must come out in a Windows message and within Device Manager.

This is the physical drive problem, I had a similar problem after one of the technician who suggested me how to figure out how this type of problem regarding the CD or DVD. I did this process and I think I now there is no problem with the drive, I can able to play any disk in the drive without interruption. Push the release lever unit, and a reduced rate sheet will pop when you pull it, release tab on the tab, the message will be detected off, wait until the message appears, and now press the tab on the inside in place. This definitely will help, to do this once.