Thread: I am facing with random restarts in Toshiba Qosmio x505 - Q888

I am facing with random restarts in Toshiba Qosmio x505 - Q888

I got this new Toshiba Qosmio x505 - Q888 recently and till now I was not facing any problems with it but now I have started to face some issues with it. The problem is that I am facing with random restarts. I don’t know the reason why such random restarts are taking place but it is really worrying me a lot. Whenever I am doing something it suddenly just restarts. Is anyone facing from similar issue. If yes then please get back to me on this as I am waiting for the solutions.

Re: I am facing with random restarts in Toshiba Qosmio x505 - Q888

According to my knowledge Toshiba has a certain kind of diagnostic software. And I assume that this diagnostic software must have got installed with all the other Toshiba utilities when you first set your computer up. For this you just need to click on the start key followed by the all programs. Then there you will find the toshiba utilities. Here you may get to see the software that I am talking about. So you just need to uninstall that software and then everything will be fine

I would say that if your machine is still on warranty then you should first call the customer support and take the help from them .I am sure that they will help you on this matter. And I am almost certain that they will ask to update your BIOS. And this is because there are 5 different BIOS updates for your model. And even I am sure that if you update the BIOS then your problem will be solved immediately. So I would suggest you to call them immediately and they will help you to fix the issue.

I certainly feel that this may well be the root of your problem. So even I agree with the previous solution where it stated that the you need to download the latest BIOS update. Also remember that you need to prepare the bootable CD to update and backup you’re BIOS. But at the same time also remember that that do not install this BIOS update yet. This is because in future say that if your machine randomly restarts during the BIOS update then it can cause a huge damage to your BIOS and then you may have to replace it.

Thanks a lot for all your answers. I just went through it and now I am very much confident that the issue will be resolved immediately. Now I just need to call the Toshiba technicians and I am sure that they will provide me with the proper help that I am looking for. I hope that updating the BIOS will help me to solve this issue. So I would once again like to thank you for all your solutions and suggestions that you have provided and would appreciate you for that.