Thread: Toshiba satellite L305D-S5868 laptop overheats

Toshiba satellite L305D-S5868 laptop overheats

I’m using my Toshiba L305D S5868 laptop mainly for playing games. However now it seems to me that I have an issue but I am not sure about it. The laptop temperature appears to be extremely high sometimes. On the idle condition the CPU temp is 66 C (151 F). When I start to play DIRT 2 the CPU temp raises between 80-90 C. I don’t think that this is normal for the laptop as well for the CPU. It is kinda overheating problem. Does anybody know the reason for this?

Re: Toshiba satellite L305D-S5868 laptop overheats

First thing to ensure of is that the ventilators of the laptop are unhindered. The laptop has vents on mutually the base and on the rear that have to be kept patent always. This the only way for a laptop to breath or take cool air in order to maintain the laptop’s temperature. If they are blocked by the dust or any unwanted particles then laptop might heat up quickly. Clean up those vents and make sure that there are not any electrical things nearby the laptop. Sometimes it may cause for overheating.

It may be possible that the temp monitor which you have installed in the Toshiba satellite laptop may be giving wrong temps. When the temperature of the CPU rises the fan speed also raises. You will hear more spinning sound from the laptop. If you can hear this it is obviously overheating. For this you need to check the CPU usage first for all applications and processes running on the laptop. Some process may be unwontedly acquiring more CPU and due to this the temperature may be raising. Kill unwanted process on your laptop by the use of Task manager and check for the temps once again.

It is not the first time I am hearing overheating issue on Toshiba laptops but the previous models are also on the same issue. I cannot give you the particular reason for overheating but I do know that these laptops are not well known for playing games. While playing games it actually uses much CPU, memory and GPU usage. We can’t do anything about it. If you are sure about your laptop’s capability for playing games then the issue might be something else. Try to find out a good CPU heatsinker for that laptop.

If you can perceive sound of the fan, in that case you have to ensure that there is not dirt upsurge in the vents that is confining the air course. Obtain a can of condensed air and make use of it to blow the dust away. Do not make use of extended continued blasts of air while you make it, since you can over speed the fans and exhaust the bearings if you perform it for excessively long. Apply short blasts of 2 to 3 seconds till the dirt appears to be gone and after that power up and verify your temperatures.

To observe if your laptop is dangerously overheating, attempt utilizing several free online diagnostic tools that monitor processor temp and such. Your PC must register just about 60 Degrees Celsius. If it's approach in excess of this value (around 80-100) you will require to dig up your laptop checked. For this you need to help from a professional laptop repair person. He might be familiar with this kind of issue. if have wrongly overclocked your computer then this might also cause the laptop to overheat without any purpose.