Thread: HP Bluetooth Passkey

HP Bluetooth Passkey

I am having a HP laptop & a HP printer with a bluetooth support on it... I long back gave the passkey to it... Now when i am trying to print anything it is asking me for the passkey & Which i have loss it.... Does anyone know how to find it or remove it...????

Re: HP Bluetooth Passkey

DID you tried any of the key for it.... Actually till now what bluetooth devices i have ever used i have seen that the passkey of that product is 0000.... I think you must give a try to it... If that helps reply....!

How to Disable Bluetooth Passkey

• Go to the Bluetooth Control Pannel.
    • And then look for the Options tab.
    • You will see that there is a Check box which are ticked... if not then check the box for the option given bellow.
      • Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer
      • Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer
      • Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area.
    • And uncheck the checkbox for the following option "Alert me whenever a new Bluetooth device wants to connect"

I think there might be someone who else might be using the same same product for it & it might be not getting connected to it... Try using at the other else time... I thing you need to look weather anyone is using it at that time & then try to use it...!

In reply to the original question by Tom Raid...

I am an infrequent user of bluetooth enabled devices, and find that each time I attempt to connect two of them together, the method varies enough to make it seem like it is my first attempt at doing this.

What brought me to this forum was that I was trying to connect my BB Curve 8330 to a new HP Slate 500.

I thought I was following the correct steps. My BB prompted me with "Enter a key for <slate name> "

I tried entering '0000' to no avail.

What ended up working for me was going to the slate PC itself, which is running windows 7, finding the control panel entry called Bluetooth Device Control, and have that wizard 'add' (search for) the BB.
    Several seconds after the slate found the BB, the wizard produced a large font 8 digit code, which I entered in to the BB screen, pressed the scroll button, and the two devices connected.