Thread: Toshiba Laptop M305d-S483​0 Shows black screen

Toshiba Laptop M305d-S483​0 Shows black screen

I am using Toshiba Laptop M305d-S4830. Yesterday it shows black screen on startup. I thought it was issue of the monitor or screen on the laptop. For that purpose i again boots up laptop, the power key lights on, I perceive sound of the fan and HDD is functioning, I have connected to another monitor but it is still black. Every other part is working fine in the laptop except the display. How it will show black screen even on external monitor? How can I fix this issue?

Re: Toshiba Laptop M305d-S483​0 Shows black screen

I have got the similar problem with the same laptop. So I have took it to my friend, he took separately the laptop and couldn't come across any perceptible physical issues. Halfway throughout he got it to boot up arbitrarily. He discovered it may be the truth I update my laptop to Window 7 wrongly, and that it may be a software trouble. He determined to update BIOS off the authorized Toshiba website to the mainly current one. For the duration of the restart fraction of BIOS update process, the laptop wouldn't switch on over again and it's back to its older spot. So I have send to Toshiba service center.

It could be the issue with the software part of the laptop. If it is hardware then it would have show the proper display on external monitor. So I think that it is either the cause of the operating system or the BIOS on the laptop. If you still have the disc which you got with laptop then put it upon the start up. Maybe it will automatically detect what is missing in the computer and install it correctly. If you still not able to get the display then you might need to contact the laptop repair center.

I assume that you might have heard about some kind of USB adapter to connect the external monitor to the laptop. Find this kind of adapter then connect your laptop with an external monitor and see what you can get from it. If this didn’t help you then check the power adapter and make sure that it is transferring the correct amount of power properly. If you are still under the warranty period it would be better if you send it to the Toshiba service center.

For this issue I urge you to first of all download the troubleshooting guide for that laptop. There you might get the some information regarding the issue you are experiencing right now. if know how to take a look into the inner part of the laptop then go for it and see is there any kind of connection failure inside the laptop. Sometimes the failure of the components can also cause this issue without your knowledge.

The laptop’s integrated graphics driver might have been out of date otherwise it is corrupted due to unknown reason. So the laptop is not able to show anything on its inbuilt screen or any external monitor. Otherwise the integrated graphics chips might have damaged. It is really sad tell that in laptop it is too difficult find out what exactly the problem. If the memory chip (RAM) has been malfunctioned or damaged then also the laptop will not show anything. I mean it will not produce any output.

Dear Forum, I am using Toshiba Laptop M305d-S4830.
    i have the same pbm someday after putting the lap in hebernate mode ..it shows black screen on startup.I thought it was issue of the monitor or screen on the laptop. For that purpose i again boots up laptop, the power key lights on, I perceive sound of the fan and HDD is functioning, I have connected to another monitor but it is still black. after 2 repair man did their diagnostic all components are ok..told me there is a pbm in Bios. Every other part is working fine in the laptop except the display...so i made search in the net i found the recovery methode..so
    We got the laptop back to live using "Rescue disk" loaded with the WPH file (from the Bios update file) and holding winkey+B on USB stick. leaving the PC reading from the USB for ~5min and then rebooting it come back to live,,,,,but after 3 days the laptop can't boot the same probleme come back;and the laptop after shutting down always need the crisis to boot;so the lap became randomly boot or not..as like he want(the lap);some times after 3 trying to start,,,i put the last drivers..the last bios ..i'v tried all bios versions from V1.5 to 2.6 (the same pbm stay)
    can any one help me to fix this damn problem,, or what is the refrence number of phlash EEPROM is it intel or MOTOROLA or what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thnx in advance

Hi larism,

Does your laptop boots to the BIOS screen? If so then it might be a problem with the Operating System? Which OS have you installed in your toshiba laptop? So the boot manager might be corrupted, and the only way to get it to continue is to actually get a OS installation disk or borrow one to run windows repair to fix this issue.

hi
    no , no boot screen at all, i mean no logo of ( Toshiba leading innovation)..
    i m sure this is the pbm of bios chip some times work and sometimes no,,,
    thnx

Hello i think you should facing something hardware issue and therfore your getting this issue. i think to solve this issue you need to contact the manufacturer or Servce center and after that they will solve the issue.