Thread: Existing data not showing up in Nokia 5800

Existing data not showing up in Nokia 5800

My nokia 5800 is not showing any amount of data which was stored on my phone. Actually I am using this phone from last 13 months and it as really doing well but last night when I connected my phone with the laptop of mine to transfer a movie on to it. But later on I found that out of 8GB of data 3.4 GB was used but it was not showing up on my phone. I don’t know what went wrong here all the files are having a blue color question mark in front of them I didn’t know what sows it indicates. Please help me in this one and let me know what I can do to solve this issue.

Re: Existing data not showing up in Nokia 5800

The first thing that I want to tell you that the blue colored question mark indicate that the phone is not able to recognize the file format. If this mark is on all the files then the phone is not reading each of them. I guess there is something to do with the phone and that is the reason why you are unable to have access on any of the data. Now what you have to do here is that make sure you are removing the file from the phone which you transmitted last and then see how it goes.

The problem is the common one among many of the nokia users well it seems to me that all the data of the memory card that you are using is corrupted so what you have to do here is that first of all scan the files for viruses and then you have to again install the card on the phone and if it is possible then I want you to scan the phone memory of the phone too. I hope that scanning will fix this issue and once all the stuff is done then you need to take care of the software of the phone.

According to me there is a huge problem in the memory card og the phone that you have. And it seems to me that you need to hard reset the memory card. And before you are doing this I want you to just take backup of all the data on the card if it is visible you on your computer system. And then you can format the card and once the card is formatted you will not get any of the issue what so ever. I hope doing the same will definitely help your cause and you can then install the files that you needed.

My mobile phone was also affected by the same problem when I was unable to transfer any data from the phone and also all the existing data was corrupted. And I guess you are also going with the same phase and if you need to solve this issue then you have to just visit the Nokia care nearby you and then place complaint over there and I am sure that once a complaint is fired than they will ask you to submit the phone and will repair if there are any chances of damage in the card or in the software of the phone.