Thread: Unable to change language in Nokia X6

Unable to change language in Nokia X6

Today I brought a used Nokia X6 from grey market and to my surprise I found that it was in Spanish. I checked the product code of the phone and it clearly showed that it was of United Kingdom V3. I don’t understand how it has Spanish languages installed. What is the problem with the language? Is it possible to change it back to English? If yes then how is it possible? Anyone have any suggestion then please come forward to help me. It will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to change language in Nokia X6

You can update your phone to remove the Baltic languages from display and writing. You can change the language by changing the product code and downloading another firmware but this will just void the warranty of your mobile phone; if you have any. I would suggest you to contact the retailer from whom you purchase the mobile phone. You should claim help from him. You can also give this common method to change the language a chance. Click on option >> writing language and then choose the desired language.

I also faced this problem and after lots of trouble solved it by myself. You just need to follow these few steps. Search for Nemesis Service Suite or Nokia OVI Suite or Navifirm v0.3 on Internet. Download and install the following files.
    • Open Navifirm and select your phone model from the left side of the window and then click the Next button until you find the language you need. Remember to note down the product code which usually starts with zero (0).
    • Now open Nemesis, read its tutorial if necessary, and replace the product key.
    • Finally open up the OVI. If software update is available then update or else select reinstall. The correct software will be downloaded by itself.

Once the update is done, the device will restart and you will see the changes.

I tried doing the above methods but was unfortunate in all of them. I changed the product code by using the Nemesis and then updating with Ovi suite but all my tries went in vain. It was updating till one point and then the updating became never-ending (it took 2-3 hrs and still it was going on) and finally t showed an error and stopped. After making all these unsuccessful attempts I realized that there is no ways to revert the firmware. I'm very confused and desperate for help. Someone please help me.

The best solution for your trouble is to contact the nearest Nokia customer care center and get an appointment to repair your mobile phone. If your mobile is still within the warranty period, Nokia Tech staff won’t charge you anything and rectify your problem. But if your mobile is not within the warranty period then they will charge you for the service which would be minimal. Hope you have not damaged your mobile so much that it is not in the conditioned to be repaired.