Thread: usb stop responding to safely remove hardware

usb stop responding to safely remove hardware

Post1
    Hi, I am using iball USB mass storage device with 16 Gb capacity. I am also having a an external hard disk but I often use my USB drive for data transfer. Since one week I am facing a problem with it. When I insert the USB to my computer hard ware is detected and a message is displayed “new hardware found”, but when I want to eject the USB from safely remove hard drive option the message is displayed notifying that “USB cannot be stopped The USB Mass Storage Device are in use by another program”. I checked if any file is open but cannot find any. I have to pull the USB from the USB port. Can anyone tell me what is the problem with my USB. I want to know if pulling the USB out of the port will harm my USB drive

Re: usb stop responding to safely remove hardware

This is the most common problem that people face while using USB flash drive or other external hard drive. If you want to eject the USB then write click on the USB drive in the my computer. Then you will find an eject option. Select the option and see if you are able to successfully stop the USB device. If it fails to stop then again go to My computer and select tools option. Here go to folder option and click general .Click on “use windows classic folders” under Tasks. Click Apply and then Ok. Now try to eject the USB device

If you are having problem in removing the USB drive from the safely remove device then you can go by this instruction. From the keyboard of the your computer press Ctrl+Alt+Del key to open the task manager window. Select Process and here select the process”rundll32.exe”.then click end process to end the selected program. If there is more than one”rundll32.exe” process running then close all of them in the similar manner.

Here is another way to disconnect your USB drive if it is not responding to safely remove hardware. Right click on the My Computer. Select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>Disk drive. Then find out “USB Flash Drive USB Device”,then double click to get the dialogue box of ”USB Flash Drive USB Device Properties”.here select Policy tab and select Optimize for quick removal and then select OK to exit. As long as there is no read or write operations performed in the USB ,it is always safe to remove the device manually.

There is another way by which you can stop the USB device if it fails to stop from the Safely Remove Hardware option. Close all the files that are opened. From the task bar select Start and then go to Run. Here type REGSVR32 /U SHMEDIA.DLL in the space provided and then hit Enter key from your key board. I hope this would definitely solve your problem.