Thread: I couldn’t find the Android market option in my LG gw620 phone.

I couldn’t find the Android market option in my LG gw620 phone.

I was looking for an Android phone since long time and last week I brought a new unlocked LG In Touch Max GW620, it’s the first Android phone from LG. The Android Market is trademark of Google Inc. which is the main feature of this phone but problem in I couldn’t find that Android Market option in the phone. I have gone through many forums but nobody have given me the proper answer. Please guys help me out for this because I was excited when I brought this Android phone, but now its main feature is not even functioning. Please tell me what to do. If you think I have to download it manually then please provide the download link or site. Thank you in advance.

Re: I couldn’t find the Android market option in my LG gw620 phone.

I heard that this Android phone is quite cheap as compared to other Android handsets and also it got good reviews from many websites and gadget guru’s, this is the time I heard that there is some problem in this handset. If the Android market in not installed is not installed on the GW620. Then you have download APK on your PC first and after that you can install it on your LG GW620, hope this thing will work for you. And please do post your feedback.

Hey even I have been through the same problem I same brought new handset but it wasn’t showing the Android Market option in the Phone so searched for the solution in the forums and Google but surprisingly no one have posted query related to this phone. So I have visited some web site which are providing application and tech support for the Android phones. And yes you are right that Android Market is trademark of Google Inc. but still you can download Android applications without having the Android Market application search for apoorv-android apps on Google hope this will help you.

I brought this handset in last week, In your case if Android market is shown but in applications it’s not showing for download then the following solution will definitely work for you and it’s because Android Market is not able to identify your phone or the version of phone is old. So just add your and phone details in the Android market forums of Google. And another thing you can do is first, check update utility and carrier for your Android Market normally it’s OTA. Now follow this steps and this might solve your problem. First, unplug the phone. Then you have to download the latest update utility and run it and while running utility plug the phone and may be this time utility will recognize for phone. If it doesn’t recognize then put your phone in debugging mode and try it.

First of all I want thank all of you to help me out, I was actually bit worried because I had brought this handset from another town and there is no LG service center in my town so for technical help in my matter I supposed to go to other town if you guys did not help me out so again thank you very much each one of you. I tried only first solution and it clicked for me actually Android market was not installed and I just installed it in my handset manually now I can use and download Android applications. Thank you,