Thread: "Deauthorize this Computer" works properly to restore my IPOD | IPOD Touch | IPhone 3G or 4G

"Deauthorize this Computer" works properly to restore my IPOD | IPOD Touch | IPhone 3G or 4G

Here i experienced something new while my updating iPod Touch and iPhone as well. Few days before with iPhone and now with iPod Touch, i was trying to update my device to latest iOS 4.3. But it use to be ended with an error code 1600.

I got this error with both of my devices, where 1 thing was common. My PC was "Authorized". I tried to update my iPhone and iPod Touch many times with PC Authorized, and it ended every time with error 1600.

Finally, what i did was Deauthorized my Computer and tried to update or restore my iPod Touch. And the result was proper. There was no error and task completed without any problem. I observe this with both my Iphone 4 and iPod Touch.

That indicates that ""Deauthorize this Computer" works properly for restoring any of your Apple iOS devices like IPOD , IPOD Touch , IPhone 3G or 4G . Try it.

To deauthorize a computer:
    • Open iTunes.
    • Choose Store > Deauthorize Computer (In earlier versions of iTunes, access this option from the Advanced menu).
    • Select "Deauthorize Computer for Apple Account" and enter your Apple ID and password.

Re: Ipod failed to recover, deauthorize and authorize again works proper

Well, i too observe something similar to this. It may be co-incidence that your devices restored properly after deauthorizing the computer. Because, at my time, i too was getting error 1600 even after deauthorizing the computer. What i did was after deauthorizing, i authorize my computer again and tried to restore my iPod back. This time it ended without any error.

Re: However, Deauthorize audible account did not works here.

I have little confusion here. @Maq.h: You said "Deauthorize My Computer" works properly for restoring Ipod Touch or iPhone. I tried the same. It works for sometimes, not always. But what i wanted to know is have any one of you tried the same after Deauthorizing audible account ??

i tried the same, and found that Deauthorize audible account did not works here. So, people should know that "Deauthorize My Computer" and "Deauthorize audible account" are different and second one will not work for this process.

Re: How to Deauthorize audible account

Thanks for this greatful info friends. Really a newone for iOS devices users. Anyways, as in the very above post, Deep has talked about Deauthorizing audible account. I need some help regarding the same. I was trying to Deauthorize audible account as am going to buy a new system but was unable to do so. Getting error again and again that User or password is wrong. Any help ?

Re: "Deauthorize this Computer" works properly to restore my IPOD | IPOD Touch | IPhone 3G or 4G

You have to enter your audible username and password as it differs from yout iTunes User/Password. In case you have many iTunes accounts than you may required to be logged into the one you authorized the audible account in the first place.

Try this and let me know the results.