Thread: Bluetooth adapter got disabled after formatting laptop

Bluetooth adapter got disabled after formatting laptop

hi, I am having a dell laptop with windows 7 operating system installed in it. It has got inbuilt Bluetooth device. It was working fine and used it often to transfer data from my mobile phone. Due to some virus issue I have to format my laptop. I reinstalled Windows 7 and the virus problem was gone. But now I am having problem with the Bluetooth device. I am not able to access Bluetooth from my laptop .I can’t find the Bluetooth icon and when I try to connect my phone to my laptop via Bluetooth, a message is displayed “no device found”. please tell me what is the problem.

Re: Bluetooth adapter got disabled after formatting laptop

You said that you formatted the laptop and reinstalled windows 7 operating system. Formatting a system, deletes all the drivers that were installed before. Be sure that you have installed all the drivers including the Bluetooth adapter. If you have not installed it then the Bluetooth device of your laptop will not work. If you have already installed the driver, uninstall the driver and reinstall it. Check for the driver updates.

You said that after formatting the laptop you were not able to access Bluetooth. This happens when the Bluetooth device is turned off. Switch on the Bluetooth device and then try to connect your mobile via Bluetooth. If the icon of the Bluetooth is missing then search in the program files and from here try to enable it. You can also enable it with the shortcut key.to enable or disable Bluetooth device you can press fn+F2.

If you are unable to view the Bluetooth icon then you can follow this step. Go to Start menu, choose the control panel. Now choose to switch to classic view. Double click the Bluetooth icon. Now in the option tab which is at the top put a tick mark in the checkbox that is next to Show Bluetooth icon in notification area.

If you are having problem with the blue tooth device of the laptop and you are not able to solve it then I suggest you to better contact the service center of Dell and tell them the problem. If the Bluetooth device is damaged then they may replace it and if there is a problem in the Bluetooth driver then they may reinstall it.