Thread: Unable to get call option in nimbuzz

Unable to get call option in nimbuzz

Hello everyone I have come here to basically start with the discussion that I think many of them will not be aware of, well I have a small problem. I have two phones one is the blackberry and the other one is the newly purchased nokia x2-01. I have installed nimbuzz application in both of them the thing is that I am not getting the call option in any of them. I know it is normally found in the contacts section and I am unable to see it. I want to make free calls from nimbuzz to nimbuzz via. Wifi but since I cannot see that option I will not be able to make any calls. So can you suggest me what should I do in this situation?

Re: Unable to get call option in nimbuzz

Well the blackberry phone that you are using does not support the VoIP calls and hence I can say that the nimbuzz application is not at all supported by the blackberry. So that’s why you will not get any calling option in the blackberry phone and hence you will not be able to make any free calls from nimbuzz to nimbuzz via wifi. I cannot say anything about the new phone named X2-01 as this phone is relatively new to me. So I hope you have got the point that I am trying to make here.

Yes, I completely agree with the above user nimbuzz application runs very well only on the S60 operating systems of the mobile and does not runs in the mobile which is entirely based on the java os and also which does not support the VoIP calls. The blackberry phone of yours does not have the same feature and hence you will not get the option of voice calling. Instead you will be given the option to use the free chat application. So even if you cant make calls enjoy the service of messaging.

X2-01 is basically a S40 operating system and hence the nimbuzz application does not support the call feature in any devices which is running in the s40 operating system. So that’s the reason why you are not getting the call feature in your nokia x2-01 and the reason why blackberry is not working is well explained in the above posts. So I don’t think so I will have to elaborate much on this. So I hope you have got the point that I am trying to make here and I think this suggestion will help you.

Ok, thanks for pointing out my mistake I thought all the call features must be present in the phone and hence I thought that it would be easy to make free voice calls from the nimbuzz itself but I was wrong. Anyways I did not have this piece of information thanks that you all have reminded me about the same. I would like to much appreciate your efforts for helping me in this topic. So thanks a lot for that.