Thread: Distended Battery for Logitech Harmony 890 Remote

Distended Battery for Logitech Harmony 890 Remote

I have my Logitech Harmony 890 remote of 10 or 11 months. Do not work now because the battery Logitech is distended and the lid will not close. I've had quite a lot of people seem that tells me this is atypical and rarely happens. The remote and the base sit in the hot zone or an area with direct sunlight. From $40 to $50 each, would be expensive to keep replacing the batteries if it is a problem. An engineer friend of mine asked if there is a problem with the database design that will cause the battery to react that way. Anyone have any idea for this? Please just let me know if anyone has any idea.

Re: Distended Battery for Logitech Harmony 890 Remote

I would like to apologize for your experience with the battery for the Harmony remote. Lithium batteries can extend a little longer, but what you are describing is excessive and should not have happened. I return to ensure that this is a rare case and clearly there is a problem with the battery. I had the opportunity to look into this further and see that it has been in contact with support and was able to help resolve this for you.

What a strange coincidence. We just had the exact same thing happen with our Harmony 890. The battery was swollen to the point where it appeared the battery cover (which is now broken on one side). I've heard of batteries that need to be replaced after the battery has ended, but this is the first time one has been extended. Does this happen with all Harmony 890s? What was your solution?

Harmony remotes from Logitech are useless and should not be purchased. They may seem great at first, but not immediately after a year and the client / support does exactly nothing for you - more or less tell you to buy more. All they offer is 50% off and you can find a new brand for a cheaper line. Therefore, they are doing nothing but making more money with you. Horrible! My experience is to be a distributor back when he started Logitech harmony and bought them. Whatever you do, do not rely on these more remote at prices that work for short periods.

I have the problem exactly the same as everyone else. I have had the Harmony 890 for less than 1 year and the battery is swollen and the lid is not closed. My concern is that eventually burst and damage beyond the remote control that could hurt someone. With the number of people reporting the similar accurate situation, it emerges that a design or excellence control problem is there. I would not have expected this kind of thing that happens in a very expensive model. Is there something that Logitech is willing to do for their clients with this obvious flaw?

I'm experiencing the same problem of battery swollen. My sister noticed the roof beginning to the body of the weekend away. Finally I looked tonight after the battery cover broke. I took the cover and found a bulging battery. I managed to get the battery cover, but it sticks out a 1 / 8 inches from the body of the remote control. The remote control is still functional, but I am concerned that explodes and damages the remote control, or worse my sister or brother. I have reported the problem to the support team and am awaiting their response. I establish the Logitech customer service far surpass that of additional corporations / businesses. They situate at the back of their product and work good for solving troubles.