Thread: Memory capacity of Apple iPad 2

Memory capacity of Apple iPad 2

Hello everyone I have this silly question In my mind which I would like to discuss it with you all. See the issue is that when I had brought the iPad 2 at that time the memory capacity of the iPad 2 was around 14 gb. However sometime ago I had updated my iPad 2 to the version 4.3.1 and after upgrading to the version 4.3.1 I have noticed that the memory capacity of the iPad 2 has reduced and now it shows me around 13.5 GB. So what that means an upgrade reduced the memory capacity of the iPad 2. Please comment on this topic.

Re: Memory capacity of Apple iPad 2

No, I am not facing this issue even I had this upgrade done quite sometime ago and I have In fact checked the memory capacity of the iPad 2 and it is showing me total 14GB and not even a single MB less or more. I think you have not restored the back up properly and hence some issues in the memory capacity. See a upgrade has nothing to do with the memory. So sit back and relax there is nothing to worry about. Check out properly and you will get the answer.

Sir, I have done the back up properly and also restored it as new but still it is showing me 13.5 GB only. I agree with you that upgrade has nothing to do with the memory but still the problem is same with me here. Now tell me what should I do in such situation? I even tried looking in the internet thinking that I will get some solutions there but any website does not have any help to offer me. So I had to come here thinking that you guys will help me out of it. So guys please help me out.

See I completely agree with the above user that iPad 2 does take some space for the buffer memory and the flash memory and hence when it had upgraded to the latest version, it might have reserved some space to the buffer as well as the flash memory and hence it is giving you this kind of problem. So that can also be the case. However like you many of the iPad 2 users are complaining about the same problem in their iPad 2 as well. So do not worry much your memory is not lost in the upgrade process.

I think you must report your phone to the nearest apple center may be they will give you some proper advice on this situation. See if you are not clear with what we are saying then it is best to have a talk with the apple people about the same issue and they will advice you accordingly on the topic. So do consider this suggestion as well as it can be of lot of help for you. Whenever I have some problem with my iPad then I make sure that I show it the apple store only it is indeed helpful. So that’s why aim suggestion you the same method for you as well.

Ok, I will do the same as well and lets see if the issue gets solved or not. The possibility of the buffered memory and also the flash, memory can also be taken in to consideration but there should be some space limit having a memory of 16GB and dedicating the 500MB of space to the buffered memory is not done. So lets see as such I am not clear with the point and I am hoping that this kind of issue does gets solved as early as possible.