Thread: Logitech revue: Slow internet browsing

Logitech revue: Slow internet browsing

Why the Internet is so slow? Even to the response time of the trackpad on the keyboard. I'm about to return this Monday if no work at all. I'm used to switch tabs in Internet this does not fast enough and the loading of pages takes too long. Since my phone and a laptop. I'm not on a wireless network. I have a cable modem. Anyone have any idea about this? Please if anyone here gets any information or any idea about this than please provide me.

Re: Logitech revue: Slow internet browsing

There are probably two reasons why the sailing is slow.
    1. Atom is underpowered Processor
    2. Android OS version 2.1 (current latest operating system version of Google TV).

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do with the processor (at least not yet). Like a computer Netbook with Atom processors are frequently below powered devices. As a minimum the Atom processor was set for high-definition video on our TV sets Google. In the future we possibly able to reinstate the Atom processor (voiding the warranty) or hack the device to overclock the processor (also void the warranty).

Yes, But luckily, there may be an online solution that Google receives an operating system upgrade TV. Android 2.2 began JIT (just in time) to sustain the application, support program quicker. Android 2.2 as well had a few additional OS speed perfections. After that Android 2.3 has support for inhabitant code development (applications could accelerate as well.) Then Android 3.0 has support for hardware acceleration.

I noticed that some videos of some sites to play incredibly well, while in other places are choppy and poor. I am thoughts that there are dissimilar editions of Flash - I had read in some other forum that is not a precise edition of Flash that is hastened in the Intel CE 4100 processor itself – when the other editions and codec’s are not the same hardware the video acceleration. For example, I'm currently on Comcast Internet Economy class and my download speed is only 1.44 megabytes - but the videos I see on PBS look terrible, unbuffered, while I'm watching a 90 minutes. Looks almost like HD quality to me, but is possibly not accurate HD based on my Internet speed. I wish that in future there is more compatible with Windows Media Player and Stream octet file.

I have experienced the same kind of choppy video playback is poor while back NFL game. I bought the magazine from Logitech for the primary purpose of looking back NFL game and I am very disappointed with the quality of reproduction. The picture and sound are very good, but pauses every three seconds, playback and technical problems. I ran several speed tests on the Google Chrome browser on my TV and my download speed is always more than 18 Mbps and an upload speed of more than 6 Mbps, so I doubt that it is a question of bandwidth. I am able to broadcast the games on my iMac without pause playback so my guess is that this is a problem with Google Chrome browser and it is expected that an update to resolve this.

The NFL game wind back and any additional service powered by NeuLion (as Game center NHL and NBA League Pass) have problems when playing in Revue. It may be the browser, processor speed and the small <512 MB of RAM. All of these sports correspondence are HD by default and from video quality, need extra processing and storage ability is possibly able Revue provide, I guess we have to live with the frustration for a while. The service only sports video that plays comparatively well in the Revue is MLB.TV. The plug-in HD is optional, so I finished watching all standard definition streaming.