Thread: Battery problem in harmony 700 remote

Battery problem in harmony 700 remote

Hi, I just got a new harmony 700 remote from the best buy, and it has some problem in it. Once I completed the initial setup I found out that the battery isn’t charging properly, as I had connected to the charger the whole night, I thought that it was not connected to the port in a proper manner, so I didn’t bother it, but the next day I again faced the same problem in it as the battery was not charging so I just changed the battery that was present in it, so I changed the battery which was of Energizer Rechargeable AA batteries, but again the same problem, in this whole thing I noticed that the remote battery would just long for around 30 minutes in both the cases, so now I just thought that is the remote that bad that I am not able to connect to it for a long time or is there any of the issues present in it, please help me in having the proper solution for the same.

Re: Battery problem in harmony 700 remote

I think that you are right in this case, I have seen many people complaining about the device which is not properly developed or it must be having some of the problem in the device, many of the device which is been develop by the Logitech was having some of the serious problem in it, I think that they are trying too hard to make new device which will help them to be in the race to compete with the other company but when you are trying something new the manufacturer should take so much of precaution that the device that is been developed must be in a stable state , that will help the customer who are purchasing the new device to have their faith in the company, just try to replaced the device which is present with you, as it must be in the warranty and see that the new device is proper in all the respect that you are taking from them.

It is of no use of changing the device even if it is in warranty period I was having the same problem in it and I change around three times the same model device with the Logitech, when I called the customer care people they said that it is the problem of the hardware, but it is present in all the three device, that is really shocking to see. In the first device the battery would just long till five minutes and then tell me to charge the device present in it, and when I would connect it to the charger it would not recognize the charger that is connected to it. But the second one would get charge and also it would confirm that the battery is been charging but when I would try to update the device when connected to the computer it wouldn’t recognized it and again after some time the same problem would occur again.

I have exchanged the device at least for four time when I was using the device I found out that the battery would only last for around five minutes that it and it would tell me to charge the batteries, but as I had connected the battery for a longer period of tie it wouldn’t get charged and also the battery life would be very small. I tried connecting the regular AA batteries in it and thought that I will see that how it works but the end result was the same for that. When I contacted the Logitech customer care they were telling that the device is just fine and it doesn’t have any of the defects in it. As I have some of the knowledge about the circuits I think that the problem lie in the circuit which sense the battery voltage in the device.

I purchased the harmony 700 from the TigerDirect. Now when I used to charge the battery it would tell me to insert the battery in it, but the thing is that the battery was already present in it, so I used to reinsert the battery in it to see that the error was present in it or not, but somehow the error message problem was eliminated from it, so that is okay with me till now, but when I used to charge the battery, it would tell me that is been charging but when I used to use the device it would just be alive till five minutes and after that it would tell me to charge the battery again, I don’t know why this king of the problem is happening with me.

In my case the customer care people were very supportive to me and the problem that I was facing, like you people the problem was been present in my device also, I tried my level best to overcome the problem but it was not helping me so I gave a call to the customer care and they sent me a new battery in mail for connecting it to the device, but when I did that I was not able to come out from the problem that I was facing, so then now again I gave them a call and at this time they just replaced the device and they gave me a new one which was not having the problem, so I downloaded the whole program that was needed and till now the device is working fine , so I think that you people should give a try to see if this steps what I tried is working or not.