Thread: Difference between Nintendo DSi XL & Nintendo 3DS

Difference between Nintendo DSi XL & Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo DSi XL is a better choice for gaming. The Nintendo 3DS is just an additional 3D gaming support. The one think which is much better for the 3DS is that wifi connection setup. Thanks to the WiFi connection can access the DSi Shop, where you can download or buy games and / or applications. I had purchased some games and enjoyed them. One of my friend just purchased the Nintendo 3DS and he is quiet happy with the choice. I purchased his DSi XL. Most of thing between them I found exactly similar. Just the Nintendo 3DS is larger than the DSi LX and much thinner. What is other difference then the design.

Re: Difference between Nintendo DSi XL & Nintendo 3DS

I got a chance to use the Nintendo 3DS some days before. I like the functionality added in that. The most striking in that was the hardware. It remains the strong similar to the older model but the same was bit more powerful. In addition to games, Nintendo 3DS offers the ability to take pictures in 3D. That means you have an option to have to 3D picture. That is nice but due to the low strength of camera you do not get much benefit out of that. Just the 3D screen is amazing.

Nintendo 3DS was recently released and attracted a most of the users. I am felling quiet a comfortable with the edition. But till yet there are not bad remarks given to this gaming console. But there is some issue with that and all owners of Nintendo 3DS agree on one thing the source of problems is the 3D effect. This can create a issue with certain games and application. This also has the same two screen display one at top with a three-dimensional image visible without glasses and one with the stylus support.

Nintendo 3DS users a technology called parallax barrier to give a 3D look on the screen. This can be configured from a clear to light. The device is nice and better. But rather spending a extra amount on 3D it is better to stick to Nintendo DSi XL. The screen size has increased up to 4.2 inches versus 3.2 inches for DSi which is quiet enough for any game. The display also features improvements in viewing angle which is acceptable and this can be kept as a much better alternative than Nintendo 3DS.

There are some negative impact of the 3D screen for the childrens. There is report released by the company that kids under 6 must not play games on it. It is due to the health issue. So if you are planing to buy this for your kid then you can leave the choice now. While DSi XL has the same resolution as in DSi. This is 256 x 192 pixels can display a palette of up to 260,000 colors. So that is quiet enough for any better gaming resolution. Backlit screens of the DS XL have the same five levels of brightness than the DSi.

What more matters here is the graphic look. The graphics must be fine here. And bother consoles are better. If you want just some more application on gaming device then you can use Nintendo 3DS or else Nintendo DSi XL is the better choice. It gives a quiet cartoon-like look which is really good. The same screen is also very easier to read due to the better text ability. But on DSi XL the 3D games lose some definition and the graphic is bit degraded. Others is fine.