Thread: Logitech Harmony 880 and 890 volume control button not working properly

Logitech Harmony 880 and 890 volume control button not working properly

I have two 880 and 890 remotes 0NE. All three remotes have problems with volume control lever. I can lower the volume, but cannot increase volume. All worked fine for a year and to change volume up had to push harder for it to work, until you have to use my AV remote for volume. I talked to the technicians in the past and asked if he had a mechanical problem with these devices, but said he had no knowledge of any problem! I really love the performance of these remotes, but I will start looking different remotes to replace these. Does anyone else beside me have this problem?

Re: Logitech Harmony 880 and 890 volume control button not working properly

I have the same problem, although my 880 is about 3 years old now. Both Channel Up buttons have blocked functioning. My base station has as well blocked charging the remote in recent days. I guess it's time to get a new remote control - I will be considering another brand, however, because of the problems I had with no buttons, poor screen (permanent ghost images from the first day) and the lack of direct programming.

From the replies I received back into the long-ago is, we have had no troubles with a mechanical problem with the buttons (right itself) is the software needed to reload and reconfigure. I have 3 remotes 2-880 and 1-890. I have the trouble with all 3. Logitech in the long-ago it was simple to talk with support on the phone, but there is no phone support!. I've been looking around for different remote controls Logitech. Could not find any with the same size and features to anyone out there have ideas?

I have a Harmony One and had the volume button suit, both top-down command positions. The button itself seems very well and has good tactile feedback. My distance is 2 years old. This has happened twice in the last week. The first time occurred to him that I was going to blow a speaker, but trapped in time. This could be a foremost trouble if the volume + locks forces and the audio amplifier at maximum volume (which is what was happening on my system). I loaded the most recent firmware, etc and all additional functions work correctly.

I have this problem with the volume button too, and it seems that other buttons were unresponsive unless pressed hard. Definitely looks like a hardware error to me. This is my second 890. The failure of the first after 18 months and now he is failing after 18 months. I love to find an alternative that has better build quality and you can program. I would be willing to pay more for something that would last, but I found nothing - any advice would be appreciated.

I had my 880 for at least 2 1 / 2 years until the last 6 months has had any problems. However, in the last 6 months, my 880 has also begun to have trouble with the first volume and channel up. The volume and channel buttons is definitely a hardware problem. I finally had the courage to tear into my 880 to distance this morning to see if I could do something about it. Note, for those of you who know enough to be dangerous, this is not for the faded of heart. I did electronic mend for over 11 years so I know sufficient to not be hazardous, but the first thing that occurs while I pulled out the circuit board was that the tilt sensor crumble, and held together only by the case. I have to put it back together, but I am startled.