Thread: is scrolling and zapping in Squeezebox Radio similar to Squeezebox Duet

is scrolling and zapping in Squeezebox Radio similar to Squeezebox Duet

Recently I had got an Squeezebox Duet an after looking the performance of the device I was very happy about it and I thought of bringing the Squeezebox Radio also as it was also the best I have seen the review of it in the internet. As I was going through the manual that was providing to me I just thought that is Squeeze box radio is a kind of the remote control which is similar to the duet which also has a speaker in it. Also does it have the similar menu structure that is present in the Duet. If it is the same then how does the zapping and the scrolling of the station happens in the device, is it with the help of one click or it is like the previous or the next button present in it. Please let me know about this thing.

Re: is scrolling and zapping in Squeezebox Radio similar to Squeezebox Duet

I think the function of the that is been present in the Squeezebox Duet and the Squeezebox Radio is not the same the only difference I can see is the way the structure is been provided to it and also the interface that is been provided to it is something different, I have also seen that the Squeezebox Radio which is present also come with some of the better feature which was not been able to put in the Squeezebox Radio, so I think the squeeze box radio will be having something which is way different from the Squeezebox Duet, also I have seen that the squeeze box radio that is present is been used as a controller as it is used in the other squeeze box player.

Hey thank you for your reply that you have provided to me. So you mean to say that zapping through the radio stations on the Squeezebox Radio is not similar when it comes for zapping through songs of music albums by pressing the next or previous button in the device. Also I have noticed that Zapping through favorite radio stations is only possible when you just play the radio in the device and also using the back button, selecting the next station or enter or play button. Hence it is not user friendly as you have to press three buttons as you are not able to press one button only.

No, the answer that you have provided is correct. But why do you want to go alone to the next station at random? Do you realize that there are 10 of thousands of Internet radio stations present in there? What you can do is just create a playlist stations of your choice and of your liking, start that playlist, and whatever you want to do you can do in it, hit the fast forward and that will go to the next station that is present in it. Note that this only works if you use the squeezebox server in your computer. Also there are 6 memory buttons on the radio that will help you in navigating in it.

Sorry to say. This is not that simple nor is it provided in any of the instruction that I can explain. I am perfectly happy with two Internet radio apart from the fact that they had no remote control and also I want to be able to quickly skip through my favorite stations so that I can escape any of the commercials. That is the only reason for me to buy a Squeezebox plus the accessory kit with remote control present in it. But I am still confused on the subject. I wonder even if the information is correct, and I do not see the ability to save a playing list in any of the menus. What user friendly I don’t think this radio is that good