Thread: Squeezebox server 7.5.3 frequently loses connection with SB touch

Squeezebox server 7.5.3 frequently loses connection with SB touch

Recently I have updated my Squeezebox server 7.5.2 to the higher level which was Squeezebox server 7.5.3, I did this because I had got an advertisement and It was saying that this is required for smooth performance of the server, so I did that. The operating system that I am using is windows 7, till the last two days it was working fine but now a day this is creating the problem in connection loss with the SB touch which is present with me. This kind of the problem has been recently started by the new version, I tried all the possible thing but I am not able to come out of it, the temporary way that can help me is to deleting the process from the task manager and then restarting the whole thing again, but as this become in a more frequent way I am just frustrated with this thing right now, so please help me in coming out of this thing

re: Squeezebox server 7.5.3 frequently loses connection with SB touch

I think the main problem that you are facing is in the new version which is not present in the older version, I have seen that the new version most of the people that had downloaded the new version was facing most of the issue in it, one of them which you have specified also been faced by them, so the best way is to overcome the problem is to use the previous version of the product that is been used, this will help in getting the normal functioning of the software and do not any of the later version till the bug that are present in it is been removed by the manufacturer of it.

I was also facing similar kind of the problem in the Squeezebox server 7.5.3, the thing is when I installed the new version in the computer I saw that the SB touch that was connected to it was not been working, I was worried as for why this problem is been occurring, as I was helpless at that time so I just disabled the software at that time and restart the computer. After I restarted the computer I again install the product to check if it is working, and it started working. God alone knows how it started working but it was working and it is working fine till now, so just give a try and see how it work for you,

I just went through the solution that was present in the post here, I just wanted to ask about the task manager issue, when I tried this solution in my computer I saw that there are many thing which is not getting solved in my computer, I wanted to ask that when you terminate the squeezebox server from the task manager, does it mean that the squeeze box server which was present is not responsive and also when you delete the enter from the task manager will the CPU utilization in the task manager take 100% of the free utilization in the task manager. Because I was getting this kind of the error in the computer of mine.

Hi, when you stop the service from the task manager this doesn’t mean that the service is fully stopped from the core service, only some of the important function that are present in it will be terminated. Also I think that it is a bug which is not noticed by the people of the manufacturer, the thing is that the services has to go to a proper testing phase which is not been done as it is released having so many of the bugs present in it, or I think that the manufacturer want us to test the product from our side which is been not yet tested and also provide the error that is present in it.