Thread: Location of CMOS battery in acer aspire 5315

Location of CMOS battery in acer aspire 5315

I have an Acer aspire 5315 laptop which is not working in a proper manner, as I was going through my normal work with the laptop that I have, it was giving some problem in it, so I just thought of rebooting the laptop after removing the CMOS battery, I just wants to clear all the data that were present in the RAM as it would clearly remove the data from it, so now as I am not able to do that, could you help me in getting the solution for which I am facing the problem for.

Re: Location of CMOS battery in acer aspire 5315

I was also facing this kind of the problem in the laptop of mine, I was also trying to clear the problem that I was facing in it, so I just called my friend, as he was a pro in the hard ware repairing, so as I was observing that how he is doing the job, he just told me to take a screwdriver, and with the help of it I found out that you have to short the CMOS battery when the laptop is getting booted up, I know that It sound a risky thing but trust me that there is nothing as such this is really a normal way to come out of it. Once you have done that then the value which is present in the RAM will be wiped out and you can insert the value in it after that.

Hello there, I am a student who has been given a project about the hardware of the laptop, the assignment that is provided to me is that I am not able to see the CMOS battery in my laptop, I know that is weird, but I do not have any of the information about the hard ware of the laptop. So I just went through the various site but I was unable to find any of the solution from it, so my question is how do I locate the CMOS battery in my laptop, also I have seen that the battery which is present in the laptop, if it is low then it will not help in starting the computer of mine is this true.

Hi, I just went through your problem and it seem to be little tricky if you don’t have any of the prior knowledge about it, if it was an desktop then it would help you in getting the thing done in a easier way, but in the laptop it is bit tuff. The CMOS battery is a silver button cell which is of medium size, same as you find it on the watch. The main concept is to remove it and fix it in a right way. Make sure you note down what way it is installed before removing it. If you want to replace them then show the battery to the person from whom you are trying to buy as it is important that the number behind the battery should be almost same. In general you just you unscrew the cover on the bottom, or remove the keyboard and then you will find the interface from where the battery is present.