Thread: Unable to read disc in Nintendo 3DS

Unable to read disc in Nintendo 3DS

Hi my Nintendo 3DS was working fine till few days back (2 days to be appropriate). But now the Wii has stopped reading wii game discs. This is now irritating me a lot. I am unable to recognize what must be the problem with the Nintendo. Does anyone knows, what happened to the Wii. What should I do to fix it? Anyone having any suggestions, then please help me. It would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to read disc in Nintendo 3DS

Accumulation of dirt and dust inside the Wii can lead you to these problems. If the lens inside the Wii gets dirty, it won’t be able to read any disc. You can clean it by using a Wii cleaning kit or by blowing a canned of compressed air or by just giving a blow. Please make sure that the CD you inserted is a working CD and is not a scratched one. If you are unable to remove the dirt by yourself please take help from a professional or else you may end breaking the lens.

It might be possible that your Wii must be having some hardware defect. I would ask you to try few steps to fix it. First remove all the peripheral devices attached to the Wii. Hold on the Power button for 10 full seconds. If the device turns off, turn it on again. Now check if the device is working or not. Unplug the device and leave it for a while before turning it on again. Check if all the power cables are properly connected and are not broken in middle. Try using another power cable if the first one is not working properly.

According to me, the best way to solve a Wii disc read error is to replace a disc. You can do that by sending the Wii console back to the Nintendo or any other authorized agent and get your Wii repaired. If yours Nintendo 3DS is still within the warranty period, it will be repaired or replaced according to the situation, free of cost. Or else you have to pay the cost for repairing it. It will surely take few days or may be week’s time to get the Nintendo repaired.

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions. But unfortunately I was unable to figure out the real problem. I try cleaning the lens by blowing up air inside the Wii lens but was unsuccessful. The game CD is not working only. I am unable to understand what could be causing all this problems. I am tired of trying. So I have decided to send this Nintendo 3DS to the Nintendo Care Service only. Anyways it is still under warranty period. More suggestions would be appreciated.