Thread: How can you increase your resolution to 1080p on Bluray?

How can you increase your resolution to 1080p on Bluray?

If the film was not originally shot in high definition and were made long before high definition cameras that exist, how can you increase your resolution to 1080p? As far as I recognize, I cannot take a video I shot through, say a resolution of 640x480 and increase its resolution. Thus, from the cameras used in filming Ghostbusters was fewer than 1080 and that did not exist, how they were able to increase its resolution?

Re: How can you increase your resolution to 1080p on Bluray?

This is what appears to be a very good article discussing the issue. I will extract a small amount. Film is analog so there are no actual pixels. However, based on measurements made, a frame of 35 mm contain 3 to 12 million pixels; it is totally based on top of the stock, the lens and it also depend on shooting circumstances. HD frame encompass 2 million pixels, as in the company of 1920 x 1080 scan lines. I hope now you are clear with your doubt. Thank you.

One of the many reasons that still use 35 to this today is that we still have the ability to reach resolution. As somebody who had attempt films in 35 mm through Arri camera. We are simply using an extremely small section of the resolution of the medium be able to support. Basically, you can use a movie camera that is 30 years (to do) and put a new lens on the camera and get impressive results. The outcome comes from the lens and advancements in film stock in conditions of the appeal of the film.

You are thinking about him backward. You are assuming that the cameras to film Ghostbusters were lower than 1080 because it does not exist yet. You are partially correct but its apples to oranges. Of course 1080p digital cameras did not stay alive at the time, but the movie was shot on top of film. The film is an analog and images of products that are not measured in pixels or lines of resolution such as 1080p or 480i. The film is just by means of nature "high definition" or possibly a better term is Real-Definition.

Film cameras that studios utilize have an outstanding capability to capture stunning images. It Use large-caliber film, like 35 or 70 mm movie film. So when fired his reading in tissue fragments can be regarded as if looking out the window. It is the most accurate representation available. High definition digital only scratches the surface of what can make the film. Studies also most certainly would not have used a very limited device like a video cassette recorder for a film with a resolution of 640x480.

2001 was shot through a constant higher resolution than the Ghostbusters, and it is 70 mm. I really do not understand why people seem to think that high definition is somewhat revolutionary in the resolution on the film. It is a pity that almost no theaters left that have the ability to show 70 mm. That was significance going to the movies! I remember seeing together in 2001 and the original Star Wars in theaters 70 mm. I think we were in the 6th row of Star Wars. It was awesome.