Thread: Is there a Blu-Ray player that plays .pal DVDs

Is there a Blu-Ray player that plays .pal DVDs

I am planning to get a LG BD550 deck but I am not able to find it. I know it will handle dvd's but I have very much of dvd's in PAL format. So does anyone have any first-hand experience playing PAL dvd's in their Blu-Ray player? So in other words I want to know that is there any Blu-Ray player that plays .pal DVDs. So if anyone has the solutions for this then do get back to me. Please do get back to me for the solutions.

Re: Is there a Blu-Ray player that plays .pal DVDs

I just had a look at your question and feel that there is a Blu-Ray player that plays .pal DVDs. I have a few DVD players that does one thing but not the other. I just know the Blu-Ray player and hence I am not aware of any players. I am not very sure that some other players will be supporting the .pal format.I think that the best solution is probably to have a separate DVD player to play DVDs. I think that you should go ahead with this solution

I have a Philips DVP3560 and that can play PAL DVDs and output NTSC. So this is really a very good option. It can play the Div X and XVID files on discs and USB-connected media. This will be very useful to you. Also there are a few Blu-Ray player that plays .pal DVDs. Also the playback of pal DVD’s is very much restricted from working on Blu_ray player. So you need to remember that also. But the Philips player will really will be a good option you can go ahead with.

According to me I think that the blu-ray manufacturers have to produce only such kind of players which are actually of capable players. This is because the region coding is not very much enough for copyright protection or price fixing due to overseas sales. And I would like to inform you that the blu-ray discs are made without the blu-ray region encoding. Also if you remove the DVDs and have them .pal as the MPEGs or VOB the players will usually read them on a USB stick.