Thread: Dell laptop screen is blank when turned on

Dell laptop screen is blank when turned on

I have purchased Dell 1555 laptop, It was working properly without technical problem until yesterday. Yesterday I was working on that laptop in the morning and as usual I took a break and didn’t turned off the laptop I had just closed the lid for that time. And when I came back and opened the lid of my laptop it’s screen was blank and since then it’s not working. If someone using same laptop might have gone through such problem or anyone else who has faced this problem, please help me on this topic as soon as possible because I can’t continue my work because of this.

Re: Dell laptop screen is blank when turned on

Even I had the same problem with my Dell note book. So I called the guy from whom I have purchased this laptop he told me to remove the battery first then for open the lid and press power button on laptop for some time duration and after that you have to connect adapter and battery again to the laptop. Try this solution this might work for you because we are using laptop of same company and facing the same problem.

In some computer class our teacher taught us one technique to use whenever screen of the laptop goes completely black or blank while laptop is on. He removed all the rams one by one and cleaned them and after some time he fixed all the rams again one by one their particular place. And connected battery followed by the adapter and then when switched on the laptop again and it was working properly without any distraction.

There are reasons behind the blank screen so you have to check all the possibilities first we have to check that video chip is functioning well for that we have to connect out laptop to external monitor with the help of Display port, DVI, VGA and then click FN + F1 or F2or ……F8 etc. so that you can get the picture on external monitor if you got output on external display that means motherboard is fine. If it does not get picture on screen then turn off the system and start it again check whether the some picture is displayed on monitor or not. If the picture or video is not clear then you have to fix your video chip.

That wasn’t the complete solution if you got a clear video or picture that means the video chip or motherboard is fine. So now you have to check for your laptop lcd screen or its inverter which is a small electronic board that controls the voltage that is sent to the light bulb of laptop screen. Because in case of breakage of inverter back light will not get any voltage and it won’t display any video or image. You can ask some technician to replace inverter or else if inverter is not faulty then backlight is to be fixed which is more complicated. Now the solution is complete you can check out.