Thread: Not able to Connect DELL Laptop to Projector Using Fn + F7

Not able to Connect DELL Laptop to Projector Using Fn + F7

Guys I am having some kind of a problem with the Dell laptop that I am currently having along with the Dell projector that I have purchased both together. The thing is that when I connect the Dell projector to the Dell laptop in order to get the screen of the laptop to redirect it through the projector I have found that I am unable to get the same when I press Fn+ F7 keys, so can someone help me to know that why I am not getting the screen on the projector.

Re: Not able to Connect DELL Laptop to Projector Using Fn + F7

Have you perfectly attached the cables of the projector onto the laptop or not, it could be possible that the cables might have been attached properly and that is why you are unable to get the laptop screen directed towards the surface through the projector, what I would suggest is you should make sure that all the cables are properly and tightly fitted and then see if pressing Fn+ F7 will help you to redirect the laptop screen or not.

Dude are you connecting the projector after you start the laptop or are you connecting the projector first and then starting the laptop afterwards. If not then what I would suggest that you should first keep the laptop off and connect the projector to the laptop and after that start the laptop and see if then you are able to get the laptop screen directed towards the projector, so make sure that you follow this routine and then see what happens.

Guys I have checked out the cables properly and I have found out that each and every thing is perfectly attached also, I have tried out to first insert the projector cables and then start up the laptop after which I have even checked out pressing the Fn+ F7 keys as well, but then also I have found out that there is not a single way through which I can get the laptop screen to show up through the projector so can someone help me to know that what is the real problem.

Hey what I would suggest you is that you should look for running the same projector on some other laptop probably of your friend or a relative and set up the projector with that laptop and see if after that you are able to get the laptop screen to get directed through the projector. If not then either the cables of the projector is at fault or the projector is itself at fault, so make sure that you do this to check out where the problem lies.