Thread: Dot appearing in image taken from digital camera

Dot appearing in image taken from digital camera

Hi,I have got a digital camera Nikon cool pix gifted by my brother. It is hardly two months since I had been using it. The image quality is too good and natural. Recently I went for a tour with my friends and there we had a lots of photo session. But when I viewed the images in my computer I found there is a problem with my digital camera. All the images that were shot are good except I discovered a dot like patch in the left top corner of the each of the image. Is there any fault with the lens . Please tell what to do.

Re: Dot appearing in image taken from digital camera

This is very common problem with most of the digital cameras. There is no fault with your camera lens as you told that the image quality is awesome. So there is nothing to worry about. There might be some particle or stain covering your camera lens due to which such dot patch is appearing in the image. Just check out the lens for any dust or stain over it or the filter. You also check the flash light if you can see any stains on the inner glass element. If any such things appear then clean the lens as well as filter with a soft cloth especially used for lens cleaning.

It’s obvious that due to stains or dust you are facing such problem. The stains might be on your lens or in the sensor itself. Sometimes due to adverse weather also the lens gets stained. So if this problem is external then you can get it cleaned by yourself. After cleaning also if the stains doesn’t go then the stain is internal. To get it cleaned you need to go to the authorized dealer from where you brother bought it. Don’t try to do it yourself as the lens may get damaged.

The image quality depends not only upon the digital camera that you are using but also the weather conditions. Exposing the lens to excessive sunlight or if the image is taken in the dim light also sometimes result in the patchy image.due to excess moisture during rainy season, the lens gets stained and are not easily removed .So it’s my advice that you should always keep your digital camera in the cover .moreover avoid touching the lens with fingers as it is the most sensitive part of your camera.

Your digital camera is under warranty period as only two months has passed since you bought it. After cleaning the lens ,if you are still getting the patchy dots then you can get it serviced free of cost.dont try to open or tamper the camera as it could void the warranty . Just get it repaired or exchange with the new one.