Thread: Error Message ’hp mediasmart smartmenu has stopped working’

Error Message ’hp mediasmart smartmenu has stopped working’

I am having a HP laptop on which I have installed Windows Vista SP2 on the same. whenever I am booting the laptop of mine I am getting following error message on the screen. The error message can be stated as ‘hp mediasmart smartmenu has stopped working.’ I have searched on the Google to get the solution but there was nothing which I can use to fix the problem. let me know if you are having the similar problem like me and also solution to fix the problem for the same. Thanks a lot in advance

Re: Error Message ’hp mediasmart smartmenu has stopped working’

There might be number of reasons which might be the root cause of the problem. Hence I am asking some very basic questions to get the further information regarding the problem of yours. First of all from when you are getting this issue? Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? I am suspecting that issue is might be occurring due to virus attack hence let me know if you have installed any antivirus program on the computer.

Well I was having the similar problem which you have mentioned over here on this particular thread. After doing quick Googling I have found that there is latest version of MediaSmart is available on the official website. I have installed the latest version of the MediaSmart on the computer and from when I am not having any issue. So you should try to fix the problem by simply installing the latest version of the MediaSmart and see it is helps you out or not.

I am particular solution for the situation where the media smart touch button which is on the top is either not working at all or it seems to work partially.
    • You need to press the power button and simply switch off the laptop. Now remove the battery from the laptop.
    • You have to replace the battery and cord. I have seen that this particular problem is seems to be happening due to residual charge buildup on the touch panel which is creating the problem. it simply gets discharged while you press the power button of the laptop.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am recommending that you should update the computer with the appropriate drivers. You will be able to get the drivers on the official website of the hardware manufacturer. If the installing the drivers is not helping out then you need to go for the system Restore if it is enabled on the computer. I am hoping that any of the above mentioned solution will make you able to fix the problem.

I have noticed some issue while reading DVD using the MediaSmart bar. Well it did not seems to read the DVD which is inserted on the computer of mine. If the DVD is not reading at all then you need open all that DVD on the Windows Media Player on the computer of yours. I know it is not a perfect solution for you but it would be little bit helpful in any manner. So try the above mentioned thing if you are getting the similar kind of issue like me.

I am suspecting that the device of your itself is having an issue. Well according to me you need to contact the technical support team for further assistance. If they are unable to figure out for further help then you need to visit the authorized service center to get the solution for the problem of yours. I am hoping that any of the above mentioned solution would be useful to fix the problem. Let me know if you have successfully fixed the problem so that other users can get benefit from the experience of yours.