Thread: TouchPad Left Click Button Not Working on Asus notebook

TouchPad Left Click Button Not Working on Asus notebook

I am having a bit issue with using Asus notebook. The touch pad looks to be working fine, but there is some problem with the left click. It is not working. Sometime it works but sometime it fails. I am really annoyed with the problem. I had tried updating the drivers but that did not helped much. I want some solution for this. I think there is no issue with the touchpad but somehow the left click fails to work and it is not giving me a appropriate output.

Re: TouchPad Left Click Button Not Working on Asus notebook

I got this problem in a old dell laptop. The right click just stopped on its own. I had tried updating the drivers but that did not work because it was some kind of hardware failure. I had tried different things here. At last I am using a mouse. Because the touchpad is not working properly. I will also recommend you the same thing. Just get a mouse and use it on the laptop. I think that will be enough to fix the problem. Just checkout whether it is a hardware fault or not.

Re: TouchPad Left Click Button Not Working on Asus notebook

If you are using Windows on your system then right click on My Computer and click on Manage. Go in Device Manager and right click on the touch pad. Click on uninstall. The touchpad will stop working. Reboot your pc and then check once again. If this is a driver bug then it will get resolved. But if it is a hardware but then it will still exist. You will have to carry the system to your nearest service center to get it fixed. The right click key might be damage.

There is no way through which you can manually fix the keys. I had got this issue on my new samsung laptop. When I bought it was working fine. But after few months the right clicked stopped working on its own. I had tried to fix it but it was not working. There was something stucked inside the key. I carried the laptop to service where they fixed it and now it is working really well. There is no issue with it.