Thread: What to do if cell phone gets wet

What to do if cell phone gets wet

Anyone here has any idea about this? I just search this on internet and I find something. “It is more common than it seems that cell phones end up in the water, but the good thing is that in many cases you can solve the mobile phone got wet. The key is to act very quickly, by phone fall into the water we take it out and wrap it with a towel or paper towels. At the same time we will completely dismantled by removing the cover and battery. After removal of parts and eliminated the drops we put all the pieces in a bowl of dry rice.” I don’t know more about this. Please if anyone finds any more information for this than please provide me.

Re: What to do if cell phone gets wet

1. OFF - You probably already off, do not turn it back on! If you happen to be still on, turn it off!
    2. Dry - Eliminate the battery, and the whole thing which can go. If the slider, unslide - flip, unflip. Dry the whole thing you can with a small towel
    3. Wait - do not twist the phone on as a minimum one day, two is even well again.
    4. Check - Place the battery back, switch on the phone. Check the whole thing, as well as keys to see that things are functioning correctly. If so, great, if not - the next step
    5. Replace - If the final step does not - take the phone to your service supplier. In most cases, at least you have a special warranty; your dealer will not replace the phone for free. Good time to upgrade! Hopefully you have backed up your contacts!

My sister has an LG, just got it a few months ago, and now it does not work. I took it to the Verizon store and said they had wet the bottom of the battery has a small red square. My sister swears he has not received anything in it, so I believe him, she will tell me if I had. Is this the moisture indicator? Little red tab at the base of the battery? Does it turn from white to red while wet? A novel battery may resolve the trouble if the phone is turned on?

1. Remove the battery: This is fundamental and should not take even a second to do so.
    2. Try to dry, use a towel or a tissue to try to dry as possible.
    3. Allow time to dry: Do not try to see if it works by putting the battery in a short time to wet, drying takes time and if you do it too fast can create a short circuit.
    4. Heat the cell: the ideal place to warm the back of your monitor or TV, on the vents, there will be enough heat to dry but not enough to melt it. You leave it there for at least 2-3 days.
    5. Test your phone: If you see that everything is clean and dry put it backs the battery to see if it works, but you can try again responds to step 4, if you still do not work no choice but to take the service and pray so you can save, which I do not think that is cheap.

I felled my first cell; a nokia in the toilet (Which WAS in my back pocket) and it work well after a day. Another phone I plunged in the water was a complete loss. It was my primary RAZR, 3 days after I have it. Walking through to building district and was in my hand, man approximately ran over me on His bicycle and scared the crap out of me. Long story short, they flew across the sidewalk and into the hole in the street were filled with water and a couple of guys in the building. I pulled it out for me, but I need a new one.

1. VERY IMPORTANT: Immediately remove the Battery: 60 seconds may be too late. The battery (and not just water) is usually the source of all the damage he plunges an electronic device, so I removed the battery immediately and not trying to turn or use the phone after it has fallen into the water.
    2. As soon as possible (ideally, 20 to 30 minutes after immersion), disarm the phone with the right tools (sell kits screwdrivers and other gadgets necessary for these purposes).
    3. Clean and dry as much as possible the internal parts of your cotton swabs.
    4. Dry the electronics components under the direct light from a lamp, placing the phone on a paper towel for about 24 hours. They may have water droplets on chips or electronics in places where it is impossible to reach, so it is necessary that the lamp bulb has a 40/60 w approximately.
    5. Poor new phone.
    6. At this time, replace the battery.
    7. If they are lucky, perhaps the phone working again perfectly.