Thread: iPad 2 remote control for Keynote?

iPad 2 remote control for Keynote?

I want an iPhone / iPod touch application that can remotely control my iPad 2 Keynote in the classroom, that is, for my iPod Touch is like a remote control ppt (Power Point) Master clicker movement forward or back one slide. I want the application to communicate via Bluetooth from my iPod Touch to my iPad 2. I do NOT want an application that communicates via Wi-Fi, wifi because my university is so sang my iPod Touch will not find my iPad 2.

Re: iPad 2 remote control for Keynote?

I also tried the Apple Bluetooth keyboard, but no luck advances the slides. For me it would be nice to support the IPAD 2 in a conference room table (for a small group), but getting through the people to turn the pages, it would be difficult, so the Bluetooth keyboard would be perfect in that situation. For a larger group in the IPAD 2 is connected to a projector in the room again Bluetooth keyboard would be an easy solution. But I have tried to press each key on the keyboard, and all combinations are obvious and cannot control the presentation. Am I doing something wrong?

All that has happened is that with the introduction of IPAD 2, the MacBook seems suddenly too big to carry everywhere. But not to be able to demonstrate that the customer really all you could want to show, whether a website in Safari, a "real" Keynote presentation with all the bells and whistles, or a model Photoshop you are working on a Flash animation or video in After Effects, etc., the MacBook is the best option. I doubt the IPAD two never be able to do all these things, even if the chips keep getting faster as time passes. So far it appears that the video output of the iPad was designed with young students in mind to give presentations in the base class with a minimum of fuss, and not as a complete working tool. But again, you never know. IPhone not made all things being used for when it first came out. Stay tuned.

That's strange. There was a debate a few weeks ago on the compound adapter works with the iPhone. I had one for my iPod and could not get it to work with the iPhone. After comment from David B tried again and it worked. So ignore my previous comment, I can charge my iPhone 3G and send composite (AV) video to a projector (maybe an update to iPhone OS solved the problem - or I had a bad connection above). A problem remains for teachers with only a VGA connection to a projector (IPAD 2 wont charge).

Keynote Address at the IPAD 2 will not. Perhaps in the future that Apple adds. At present, only the desktop version of Keynote accepts signals over Wi-Fi application for iPhone. Once again, this time it will happen someday, or maybe a third party that will create a keynote or application, as the PowerPoint presentation that uses Bluetooth then an iPhone and iPad 2 could talk to each other but you need a wireless router in the room.

I gave a talk around a table with the IPAD 2 as the display device. Principal was used. I found it very difficult to advance the slides. Screen taps or knocks only change slides. Tried main base for both apple keyboard and spacebar Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and cursor keys have no effect. Main needs of a remote method to advance slides. If anyone can help me or share some kind of information on this please do reply.

I wonder if it would bridge the gap until Apple solves the problem then. In Keynote you can create a .mov. From a Keynote slideshow. The wireless keyboard has a driver for the media - at least the start / stop capability. That means you can view the presentations more complex - the richest sources, builds, custom animation, sound, video - the time it comes through a video. The video can be started and stopped, the slide image by image slide. The video plays at the end of the clip and then expect the transition time before advancing slide. I have not tried manual feed. I know for a Kluge, but is of no intervention.

Anyone tried this?

Remote Control For Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod

It *looks* like it would work, but I just found it so I have no idea. Even so, it's only $16.

Quote Originally Posted by tadghostal View Post
    Anyone tried this?

Remote Control For Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod

It *looks* like it would work, but I just found it so I have no idea. Even so, it's only $16.
    I have heard that iPhone doesn't have an IR sensor, so the apple remote wont work with it. Unfortunately, many of my friends have tried to click their Apple remote at the iPhone with no avail unless it is in their iPod dock which has the little black IR port on the front. For ipad, nobody has tested, but if you have any proofs then we can have some information on same.