Thread: Samsung Kies connection error: “Ras create phone failed”

Samsung Kies connection error: “Ras create phone failed”

I have Windows7 OS in my laptop. I was accessing internet by plugging my Samsung phone to the PC. I had installed Kies without any error and followed all the directions properly. But now after few days I am not able to connect to the internet, my network operator is Airtel. Now whenever I connect my cell phone to the PC it gives error after setting initial details like selecting country, operator and clicking on connect icon. And the error it shows is ‘’Ras create phone failed.’’

Re: Samsung Kies connection error: “Ras create phone failed”

Well I have a solution for you because this is exactly what I was facing few days back with my Samsung monte S5620. My cell phone was showing me the same error “Ras create phone failed” when I tried to connect to my PC. I will give you some steps to change the settings in Kies and with the help of that you will be able to avoid that problem. For that in Kies you have to create another internet setting in internet connecter. Go into internet connector in Kies and then click on settings and there you can create another setting and then click on the connect button. I am sure after this procedure you will be able to connect to the internet.

This problem is faced by many Kies users and mostly by peoples who are using Samsung S5620. Same problem was with my handset so I had visited to the Samsung service center and when the connected my cell to their PC it was working properly and they have given me some changes which I have to make in my Kies application those changes are in settings I had to uncheck atart automatic kies when windows start, automatic start monitoring device and all save the option close, all reboot system. And to start Kies right click on Kies and click on “run as administrator”. This will definitely work for you.

I have Windows Xp and had same problem like you guys, I was getting error ”Ras create phone failed” whenever I tried to use internet. First I have formatted my PC and then installed Kies again with manual settings this time and after that it’s not giving any error but I had done very unnecessary and tedious work instead of doing that if would I changed the Kies settings only and used it by right clicking on Kies and then click on “run as administrator” it would have given me the same result because my friend with same hand set only changed few settings and he get rid of “Ras create phone failed” easily.

i have samsung monte s5620 mobile.it connect internet through samsumg kies and show samsung s5620 modem connected 115 kbps speed.but not open any website like google ,yahoo etc.im using airtel 2g network and my pc oparating system is windows xp pls .help me
    Last edited by manoj mondal; 28-09-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manoj mondal View Post
    show samsung s5620 modem connected 115 kbps speed.but not open any website like google ,yahoo etc.im using airtel 2g network and my pc oparating system is windows xp
    Dont trust on that speed showing in taskbar. That is just modem or lan speed. Forget it. Now, 2G speed when you connect from mobile depends on the signal strength you have. if it is full, than problem is something else. By something, i mean some extra settings required to use mobile internet on pc. You will get those settings from your network provider. Just call your network customer care, they will assist you.

thanks for help me.
    am use airtel and connect internet through mobile office/airtel internet settings but cant access net in my pc.
    but when use reliance then it work properly without any reliance settings in phone

my samsung monte's gps system did not work properly.
    when am getting my location then show a massage "YOUR LOCATION WITHIN 4000 METERS.WAITING FOR GPS".
    but not found my excat location.its work rightly few days ago.pls help

I think that there is some problem with the firmware version in your phone. There are many similar problems with the GPS signal with earlier firmware. So just flash your phone and see if that is helpful to you or not. Good Luck!!!

thank you friend for help me

how can i download and installed rout66 map in my samsung monte mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by manoj mondal View Post
    how can i download and installed rout66 map in my samsung monte mobile?
    You can contact to the Samsung support and ask them the same. they will tell you the best way to do that.

is samsung monte support andorid opareating system?

how can i take photo by front camera in my sasung monte mobile?

There are some settings that you can try here. First press *#0*# and check that you can access the front camera o not. Another thing you can do is press *#7353# and again check back. You have to choose option 6 here. The pictures will be stored in the phone memory of camera. Right now there are not apps for video calling in Samsung Monte. It is available in the call menu of the phone.