Thread: Why my iPod Touch 4G is not recognized by iTunes

Why my iPod Touch 4G is not recognized by iTunes

I am using iPod Touch 4G.iTunes detects my iPod only in recovery mode. I have properly installed all the required drivers for my device but whenever I connect my device to the computer system iTunes doesn’t detect the device. But when I set my iPod to the restore mode iTunes detects my iPod. Some of my friends given some instruction I have tried all of them but I am still facing the same problem I have tried these steps reinstalled iTunes many times, restarted my system after connecting iPod, reinstalled the required driver for the iPod, restarted iPod. Some suggested me to try in other USB ports and even I have booted the iPod in different modes but no result. Please help me out or at least tell me that it’s due to settings change or hardware problem.

Re: Why my iPod Touch 4G is not recognized by iTunes

I have similar problem, I was using 64 bit windows 7 OS. In some gadgets forum I found the solution for this, one guy posted that try to connect your iPod with different computers and it worked for me I had connected my iPod to Dell D505 with Window XP. For that I had to install the iTunes and after that when I have connected my iPod, it was recognized. But problem with that is it restores the iPod factory settings but I think still it’s better than nothing.

I had the same problem. iPod was in recovery mode only whenever I had connected it to the PC with iTunes. Just try it because it worked out for me first you should make sure that you have the latest updated I Tunes. Now plug in the cable to the PC and at that time immediately your iPod should make a noise and now you can feel your information. But if still same problem then try different USB cable sometimes cables get messed up.

Don’t worry mate my brother had same problem with his iPod 3 weeks ago. He took his device to the iPod service centre and they took 2 weeks of time and then replaced iPod 4G with a brand new iPod 4G, but your iPod shouldn’t have any physical damage then they won’t replace it. Many users are facing same problem but apple yet not posted any solution regarding this problem. Or else you can try with Windows XP, this worked for my friend as well.