Thread: Why is .jar file not working in Samsung star nxt s5233s

Why is .jar file not working in Samsung star nxt s5233s

Hey friends I just brought my new Samsung Star nxt s5233s. I love playing games on my mobile phone but it has very few games in it. So I decided to install few games in my mobile. I took few games from my friends and tried playing it. But unluckily they are not working. I have noticed that all the game files are in .JAR format and they don’t seem to work in my mobile. But I have read in the specification of my mobile that it does support Java. Now I am trying to find out the reason behind the problem. What would be the problem? Anybody with any good suggestions, please help. I would love to play games in my mobile.

re: Why is .jar file not working in Samsung star nxt s5233s

I would suggest you to download the games you wish to install in your mobile form internet either directly to your mobile by using WAP or to your PC. This is the best possible way to install any .JAR file in your mobile. You can search for the games in Internet and download it from there. I always do the same if I want to install any software or games in my mobile. Also Samsung mobile have got this major issue, jar file only works when they are downloaded directly in mobile from mobile internet.

I also face this problem with my Samsung mobile but have found this good solution. You just need to follow these steps:
    • Download the game you wish to install(say xyz.jar).

• Now open Notepad and type the following script code and save it as “Install that Jar.html”:

<html>
    <body bgcolor="green">
    <a href="Install.jar">Install</a>
    </body>
    </html>

• Now you should Rename "xyz.jar" to "Install.jar".

• Transfer "Install.jar" and "Install that Jar.html" to your phone in same folder and make sure that your mobile internet (WAP) is working.

• Your installation will be completed once you click on Install link in the "Install that Jar.html".

Follow the same steps to install other games.

Dude thanks for this amazing trick of installing the .jar file games in my Samsung mobile. I also tried downloading the games from internet. Few worked and few did not. I noticed that the jar files with size less than 500 KB works fine. But any file bigger than 500 KB just don’t open up. Are there any size restrictions for .jar file in my Samsung Star nxt s5233s mobile? Does anyone know anything about how to install .jar files bigger than 500 KB? Anyways thanks for the above solutions. Hoping to get more solutions. Its always good to learn new things.

Re: Why is .jar file not working in Samsung star nxt s5233s

I am not sure if this trick will work or not. But it did the magic for few of my friends. Transfer the game (.jad or .jar files) to your phone, either by bluetooth or from your computer using a USB. Now type the following code *#9998*4678255#. this will just pop up an activated message. Now go to the folder where you have saved your .jad file. Clicking on the option button will pop up an installation screen. Click YES to complete the installation.