Thread: How to change the destination of Nokia 5230 Nuron Bluetooth Storage

How to change the destination of Nokia 5230 Nuron Bluetooth Storage

I lately bought Nokia 5230 Nuron. I thought it was the best phone which I can get because it is a completely touch screen based phone with 3G and front camera capability for video calling. However I am getting only one issue regarding this phone. The problem is whenever I get any file through the Bluetooth, it simply goes to the inbox. I don’t care about that but the message or file will be going to store in the phone’s memory rather than memory card. So I am asking you are there any settings so that I can receive files directly to memory card?

Re: How to change the destination of Nokia 5230 Nuron Bluetooth Storage

In not quite each and every one of the Nokia mobile phones have the selection to alter the destination of messages either you receive from the network or from the Bluetooth. To achieve this you have to enter into the main menu and then messages, there you present options and afterward settings. There you will get the option like memory card or internal memory. You can change this whenever you want. However in most of the Nokia phones all the sent files from the Bluetooth will going to store in the Inbox only.

First of all you need to check how your phone will show you the notification when you receive any files from the Bluetooth. If it is showing you are “one message received” like that then the file will obviously going to save in the Inbox where all the test messages will be saved. If it is showing you as a “received file” then it will going to store in the Received folder. The Received folder either present in the phone’s internal memory or memory card. By default the “Received folder” always present in the phone’s internal memory.

AS far as I know that it is the default behavior of the Nokia mobile phone. So you will get any options or settings to change the destination of the phone where the file will be going to reside. However you can toggle that inbox to whichever memory you want by the use of the proper settings. Other than this there is no alternative method or option to change that destination. The files will not automatically going to save within their respective folder or directory. You have to move them from the Inbox manually.

There is no need to worry about if your received files saved in the phone’s internal memory. Once the internal memory get full, the files will automatically going to store to the memory card. The phone will automatically toggle that thing. But the main problem is you then need to free up the phone’s memory because if it is get full then phone might work slow or some time freezes without any reason. This could be a frustrating thing made by the Nokia. I think that is a behavior of the symbian operating sytem.

This is really an annoying thing for me. I have seen that only some old model of Nokia phones which contain Bluetooth does this way but I didn’t though that the latest phones are also similar to this. I know that all the Nokia phones are not doing like this way. Only some of the Nokia phones have this kind of annoying feature. I don’t have any idea why the Nokia has done this way. I hope that the upcoming phones will not have this thing.