Thread: How to setup IM on Nokia E71?

How to setup IM on Nokia E71?

I am great fond of the Nokia phones. Recently I have purchased Nokia E71 AND I AM USING T-mobile as a service provider. You know very well that there is a IM feature on the phone. But it is need to set up the server in order to begin with the usage of it. Please let me know how can I make use the IM feature on the phone. I am hoping that all of the user on this particular forum will help you out. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to setup IM on Nokia E71?

Well looking at the situation I am unable to find out which IM feature you are looking to use on the Nokia E71 of yours. You know that there are number of IKM programs are available in the market. So it would be great thing if you tell me about the IM program. Also it would be useful how you will be able to set up the IM feature on the phone of yours. Hence you should post the name of the IM program over in this particular forum.

It is the most significant feature of the Nokia E71 that us built in instant messaging. Also one important thing I would like to discuss over here is that you will be able to use the IM feature of this particular phone simply using the Yahoo messenger. Well I have seen in the most situation one is needed to contact the service provider for this particular thing. I let you know once I have encountered with the more specific solution for the requirement of yours.

In this particular matter I am suggesting following thing which you can use in order to fix the problem of yours.
    • First of all you need to launch the IM application on the phone of yours. For that purpose you need to click on the Home key and go for Communication and select IM.
    • If you are going to fresh installation you need to enter Server name, Access Point , web address user name and password.
    • Once you have entered all this things you will be able to use IM feature on the phone of yours.

I would like to let you know something about the settings which are provided by the user in the previous post. The server name is used to determine the all about the server settings. If you are supposed to use Yahoo Messenger then entered the same in the Server Name field. Access Point is used to determine which internet connection is being used when you are attempting to connect with the server. Finally the Web address will contain the information regarding the url on which the IM service is being hosted.

Re: whats wrong with my phone Nokia E71?

hi toeveryone, i have a bit different problem, i bought e71 from second hand shop. i saw that sales man using it, and it was ok, now im trying to put my02 card, but i canot call or send a text, it sais connection error, and behind it sais retrieving data then i try t put my 3g sim card, its the same. please help me

Re: whats wrong with my phone Nokia E71?

Quote Originally Posted by zviozda View Post
    hi toeveryone, i have a bit different problem, i bought e71 from second hand shop. i saw that sales man using it, and it was ok, now im trying to put my02 card, but i canot call or send a text, it sais connection error, and behind it sais retrieving data then i try t put my 3g sim card, its the same. please help me
    What is a my02 card, I havent heard anything about it, can you give us some details about it? Also, can you check the status of your 3g sim card whether it is activated from the service provider or not? If you have any old active sim card then can you try to put it inside the nokia e71 and check if it is not giving you the connection error message and working properly? Most of the time connection error message happens from the service provider itself and after some time it starts working again.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

my 3g is active, bc im using this card on other phone, o2 is active too.and still nothing

Quote Originally Posted by zviozda View Post
    my 3g is active, bc im using this card on other phone, o2 is active too.and still nothing
    You didnt say that you have tested different sim card on the same nokia e71 mobile phone to find out whether it is working or not? If still any of the sim card is not working in this mobile phone then you will need to go to nokia care center to repair the sim slot which might be at fault. If it is under warranty then all repairs will be done for free.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's