Thread: Lenovo T410 won't start after I Spilled some beverage on it

Lenovo T410 won't start after I Spilled some beverage on it

Hey friends please help me out. My Lenovo T410 is unable to start after I spilled some beverage unknowing on it. I tried all the possible ways I know but it didn’t make any difference still the system is shut down.

I didn’t start the laptop as soon as I cleaned the liquid off the board, I waited for few hours and then turned on the system but it still won’t start. I guess the liquid reached down the board and defected some underneath lying parts, maybe that’s the reason the system is unable to start. Any suggestion how can I get my system started.

Re: Lenovo T410 won't start after I Spilled some beverage on it

You have not mentioned what kind of beverage you poured on system. Anyways if it’s water you spilled on the laptop then you just need to remove the keyboard and blow of the water and then dry out the parts using the warm air environment, make sure that you let your parts to dry out for more than 24 hours. After doing so put back the entire thing again to their proper places and then turn on the system.

If the machine still won’t start then unfortunately you will have to spend little money for the new system board. It would cost you at an average price if you buy it from a reputed shop but you really want it in a much cheaper amount then I would suggest you eBay.

One of the most important and major rule when you spill a liquid on your system is, never turn on the system unless recommended by an expert.
    These are the following things you need to do when any liquid enters into your notebook or ThinkPad:
    • Immediately turn off System
    • Unplug it
    • Open instantly on edge on the side of the passes from the liquid in the laptop is to provide and extend battery
    • Drain off liquid until no more lags and then remove the screws at the keyboard and palm rest, laptop on his feet and expose board
    • Continue with more action

For your kind information I spilled off the coffee onto the laptop. And when I shown the system to one of my friend he said that Coffee is acidic and conductive which easily and quickly reacts with the conductive things.

Everything is fine, I have no issues if the system get complete spoiled and useless. Bu the only thing matters for me the data which is stored in the hard disk. It has some business and school file on the hard drive which are very much important to me.

I just wanted to know any best top quality service or software that present in order to copy those data and files from the hard disk.

I can help you out with your data transfer. You need to first detach your laptop’s hard drive then connect it to the USB to SATA adapter to the other laptop or computer you have. Now if your hard drive is not password protected then you can easily transfer all your required data to the other computer.