Thread: Downloaded Ringtone not appeared in Motorola i870 Ringtone list

Downloaded Ringtone not appeared in Motorola i870 Ringtone list

After several attempt and try I have managed to install the Webjal in my computer. Now it is working correctly now without any issues. Presently I am using the Motorola i870 mobile phone. My problem is whenever I downloaded a ring tone to my mobile phone it will not going to appear in the ringtone list. The ringtone file will be simply placed in the media list with other images and number of Mp3 files which I have saved in my phone. What’s wrong with this phone? How can I move or save it in Ringtone list.

Re: Downloaded Ringtone not appeared in Motorola i870 Ringtone list

As far as I know that the downloaded files to the i870 from the computer using USB cable directly goes to the Media files of the phone rather than going to its specific location. This is the default behavior of the phone. In order to get the ringtone in the mobile’s ring tone list you will need to send the ringtone as a text message rather than downloading yet. You can send it from other computer from directly from the Motorola website to your number. After receiving the tone as text message you will get the option to save that in the ringtone list of your phone.

The Motorola I870 is a mobile phone that can be utilized on top of the Sprint, Nextel as well as Boost Mobile providers. It is a turn over mobile phone through a 4X zoom camera as well as video-playing capabilities and has the capability to play numerous ringtone types. You can compose your personal ringtones intended for your I870 from your PC by the use of the Motorola Phone Tools software, which will permit you to compose ringtones as frequently as you want.

First of all you need to install Phone Tools program in your computer. When you connect your i870 using USB cable, the computer will automatically open that program. There click on Melody Editor >"Melody Files". Now choose your ringtone file from the "Melody Files" and click "Crop" inside that. After that select the duration of ringtone and transfer it your phone. These custom made ringtone will directly move into your mobile phone’s ringtone list.

I think that in Motorola i870 each and every one of the downloaded files directly goes to the Media files list rather than its respective directory or category folder. This is some kind of default system in most of the Motorola mobile phone. However you can move any of the files which are stored in the Media files folder to the Ringtone list of your mobile. Otherwise you can directly set that tone as Ringtone to your mobile using the proper options available there. So this is not a big issue to worry about.

If your mobile phone does contain memory card or SD card then all the downloaded files move toward that card automatically. The USB directly communicate with the memory card rather than phone. If you want to download the ringtone directly to the phone then you need to take out that memory before connecting to the computer. At this time only you will have the complete access of Phone’s inbuilt memory. Like this way you can move the ringtone file to whichever place or folder you would like.