Thread: 5 generation IPod randomly switches off

5 generation IPod randomly switches off

I recently got an IPod which is claimed to be a 5 generation one, I don’t know why. The only think I brought this device is because it has a great features and also the performance of it is great, but as I was listening to music it just randomly switched off, I don’t know how but it happened, the thing is I am not able to turn on the IPod even after I hold the switch which on the device, as it really annoying me now, I tried calling the customer care people and they were also not able to solve the problem that I was facing, so I thought that you people will help in solving the problem that I am facing.

Re: 5 generation IPod randomly switches off

Hello there, have you tried this solution, it always work by doing this thing, I hope it will work for you, the solution is press together the Home button and the top button that is present in the device. This should be done till the Apple logo is appeared on the screen. Once the Logo is been appeared then you just release the top button that is present in it. With the help of this you will enter the recovery mode, and after you doing that you just restore it via iTunes.

Hi, I am really sorry that I was not able to use the solution that you have provided me, the device that I had purchased was in the warranty period which I utilize it, and it was the same time that you have posted the answer for the problem that I was facing, so I was not able to use it. So as the new device is present with me and if the device gives me the similar kind of problem then I will use the solution that you have provided in it.

Hello, my IPod is also facing this kind of the problem as it is three month old, also the charging that I do in the device is something very normal and also after charging the device for ample amount of time, I am not able to start the device, I suppose that the main problem is in the device and not in the charging problem, but I don’t know what and where is the real problem is. So can you help me in this as the customer care people are also not able to solve the problem that I am facing.

I think the main problem is in the device only, as you have charged the device and also it is not working in that also, so I think that the problem is in the device, so I think that you have to just give the IPod to the servicing and before that do the restoring of the device in the factory setting, so to do that do the following thing; before you do that you just verify that the internet setting that is present in the device so that you can download the latest software when you need it. Now download the latest version of the iTunes and also install in it. Now open the iTunes and then connect it to the computer, with the help of the USB that had come with the IPod. After some time it will come in the source panel in iTunes. Now select the iPod in the source panel, it will give you the summary of the IPod that you are using. Now click restore once you have done that then in some particular operating system like MAC it will ask you to add the password and the username, so then once you have entered the following thing then the process of restoring will be appear.