Thread: HP v165w 8GB pendrive is not recognized by Dell Laptop

HP v165w 8GB pendrive is not recognized by Dell Laptop

Hello, I am having some problem in my newly purchased pendrive; the pendrive is not getting recognized in my Dell laptop or any of the system which I insert in it, also the pendrive do contain some of the important data which I don’t want to get corrupted or lost, I think there is some kind of the virus present in it, which is creating the problem in it. But now when I am not sure about that, I am just confused with all the solution is just getting mixed up in my head and I don’t know how to come out of it. So please help me in coming out of it as soon as possible.

Re: HP v165w 8GB pendrive is not recognized by Dell Laptop

Try doing this thing, after you plug the device in the laptop or any of the system, go in the Device manager, if you want to enter in it in other way then type devmgmt.msc in the Run and then you will get the interface of the device manager. Now in the device manager go in the Universal serial bus controllers there you will get the list of the storage devices which is connected to the laptop. In that right click the device and then click Uninstall in it. Then once you have done that then remove the pendrive and then restart the laptop, once you have restarted the Laptop then try connecting the device again in it.

Hi, I think that the pen drive must have fallen and some of the part that are present in it, must have destroyed in it, so just try to do the replacement of the device, I think the part which were present in it must have destroyed in such a way that it part must have just come out of it, also just check that the Laptop that were used is having all the connection in a proper format as it must have not connected properly in it.

Hi there, I have another pendrive which is having some of the same problem in it, when do I connect the pendrive to the laptop, the light glow at that particular time, but after some time an error message is present stating that USB is not been recognized, as I removed it back and I connect it to the laptop again, but now even the light was stop blinking. I have tried the entire possible thing, I un check all the USB port and also seen the power management and tried to do something but it was not helping me in any of the way. Also I un installed the USB driver which were present in the laptop but it was not helping me in any of the case. So now what to do, I am just confused about this thing.

I thing the main problem ins in the hard ware, either of it , I have seen this kind of problem and it is still present in it, the thing is some time some extra voltage is accidentally or due to some of the error is been sent in the pendrive or the motherboard, due to this the device is damaged and also because of that, the problem is been occurring. Also try to replace the pendrive and see that it works or no, I have seen that many of the parts which are present in the motherboard also try to connect the same pendrive in some other device which will help you to detect the problem in it.

Re: I have 100% working Solution

I also have the same problem today and after searching half an hour in my computer I got the solution.I 100% believe that this will work.
    1- Open Run
    2- Type devmgmt.msc and click Ok
    3- Device Manager Window will appear. Under Unknown Device List on left 1 "Unknown Device" with a "!" sign will Appear,right click on it Uninstall your Device.
    4- Now Re-enter your device in USB Port & Re-open devmgmt.msc with run.
    5- "Universal Serial Bus controllers" Will be there on left in last. Single Click on ">" like sign on left of it to expand it.
    6- On the last your device name will appear like in my case "v165w" was there.If it is not there selct any "USB mass storage device" option.
    7- Right Click on it And select "Properties" On last.A New window with three tabs will appear(i.e. General,Driver and Details).Click on 2nd tab(i.e. Driver)
    8- Click on "Update Driver" On 2nd left option.A New Window Will Appear,Choose 2nd Option(i.e. Browse my computer for driver software).Now Again Choose 2nd option (Which would be "Let Me Pick from a list of device_ _ _ _ _ _ )
    9- Click Next.Now After 10 Seconds you may open "My Comuter" And See Your Device there.
    Note- This Work On any pen drive or storage device except Mobiles,Iphone,Ipads etc.

sad Re: HP v165w 8GB pendrive is not recognized by Dell Laptop

hey by tryng dat als i m nt able 2 do so...wt els cn i do????actuly dat unkwn device thing is nt cumn nly....

What you can do is, just connect the device with the laptop and after that, go to the device manager. To open the device manager, you will have to open the run box and there type in "devmgmt.msc" and press enter. This will open the device manager. From the device manager, ;you will have to go to the "Universal serial bus controllers" and there you will get all the storage device which are connected to your computer. you will also see the storage device that you have connected with your laptop. Just right click on that and choose option "Unlinstall". Now, take out the USB drive and then restart your computer. Once your computer started again then connect the device with it and it will solve the issue for you.

hey d nme f my pd is not cumn nly...dey nt shwng nly dt ny device is connectd o nt...plz nw hlp wt i cn do????

Quote Originally Posted by Rakhi Jain View Post
    hey d nme f my pd is not cumn nly...dey nt shwng nly dt ny device is connectd o nt..

Sorry i cant understand your language,. Can you please write it in proper english OR can you explain it ?

my pendrive is not getting recognised in my pc...they r not showing only dat any removable disk is connected or not....and it is a 4 gb pendrive...