Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Lenovo Y550 laptop does not Power ON properly

Portable Devices

Old 30-03-2011

Lenovo Y550 laptop does not Power ON properly

My father has recently bought me a new Lenovo Y550 from US. It was working well for nearly 2 weeks and after that it slightly getting issues regarding the power up. When I press the power button, the LED in the laptop glows but nothing will show up on the screen. I can also hear the sound of the processor. After this I wait for several minutes by disconnecting the power. Then I power up and push the button. Now it started working fine without any issue. So what happened at the first time?

Old 30-03-2011

Re: Lenovo Y550 laptop does not Power ON properly

I think that it is some kind of strange issue in the Lenovo laptop. It is probably be the issue with hardware not about anything else. However it can be fixed if you can contact the Lenovo support team. They usually have a solution for this kind of issue. It either the failure of the power transfer rate otherwise the issue with the laptop battery. If you can show the local computer repair store they will fix it for you for a little amount because this is not a major issue though.
Old 30-03-2011

Confirm the power position indicator. The power condition pointer is light up whenever you like the laptop is on and is not in reserve or hibernation form. After this check all the power connections if you can open up the laptop. Check the power adapter and verify whether it is transferring the exact amount of voltage to the laptop or not. Furthermore check the power outlet. Try by using the different outlet.
Old 30-03-2011

What you have to do is check the laptop by using the different laptop battery but do not use other model battery in it. If your battery is faulty then it might bring up issue sometime when you foremost power on the laptop. Have you tried running the laptop without battery? Run your laptop by this way and see what is wrong with power management. You can check the power management issues either in the Bios settings or in the Control Panel if you have installed any Windows operating system in your laptop.
Old 31-03-2011

it might be the issue of the operating system installed in your computer. Some of the system files might be corrupted may be due to virus attack. So you need to re- install the Operating system by backing up your data. After that check for a issue once again. if you still having problem with your computer at the start up then you might need to change the Ac adapter or any other power related components. They could be damaged.
Old 31-03-2011

However as far as my opinion it will be little bit hard to find out the power issue by yourself. For this kind of issue it would be better if you concern any laptop expert or technician. Otherwise you can send the laptop to Lenovo if you still have a warranty period. No matter from where you buy that laptop, you will be service in all Lenovo authorized center if you are still under the warranty period. Even some little things in the laptop can cause major issue. so it would be better if you don't ruin anything if you don't have much knowledge.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,