Thread: How to debrand a blackberry phone?

How to debrand a blackberry phone?

I have heard a new thing about the debranding of this phone. don’t know how it is done? Better to ask this with you all, may be you will be having some good knowledge about it. So do forward some information that you have with you, then do let me know about it. I am waiting for the response from you all.

Re: How to debrand a blackberry phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheamas View Post
    I have heard a new thing about the debranding of this phone. don’t know how it is done? Better to ask this with you all, may be you will be having some good knowledge about it. So do forward some information that you have with you, then do let me know about it. I am waiting for the response from you all.
    I don’t think so that is possible at all, so that’s what I want to say here. I haven’t heard about the debranding factor at all, don’t know from where did you read about this kind of news. If you are trying with some steps then do take some professional help, that would be helpful for you.

First of all I don’t understand what do you mean by debranding and all, better it would be if you can give me some information aout it then that would be better.

I hope somebody over here will speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyric Angel View Post
    First of all I don’t understand what do you mean by debranding and all, better it would be if you can give me some information aout it then that would be better.

I hope somebody over here will speak up.
    Well its about changing the operator start up logo with the help of vsm files, so that’s what it is known by debranding. Even I have ehard about it but I don’t know much about how to debrand your phone, that’s what I don’t know at all.

Hi, do get your vsm files from the image that is attached here, now once you have done that follow the steps that I am giving you here

1) Open MML and connect your phone, allow the mml to continue with the connection.
    2) disconnect your Phone and type "START" on your phone, you should be seeing " No Application Linked(Factory OS) " on the screen of the phone. here you have to change the VSM file, in order to change the Vendor ID.
    3) Now open mml and untick "AUTO START"
    4) In your system press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F12 to get the secret hidden menu in MML.
    5) Now connect your phone and you will get a option of LOAD VSM click on that and select ok. Wait for the installation of the file.

So do try the steps that I have mentioned here and let me know if that works or not.

My Blackberry 8520 still comes up Welcome to O2 even though I have opened it to all services. Is there a way to get it to come up saying Blackberry or something? Where would I get these VSM files?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjio786 View Post
    My Blackberry 8520 still comes up Welcome to O2 even though I have opened it to all services. Is there a way to get it to come up saying Blackberry or something? Where would I get these VSM files?
    I have checked out for the same and i have found one to mentioning that the below solution has worked out for him in the below case.
    • Make sure that you are having the sim in the phone and after that go in to settings and then in to options and then in to advanced options.
    • After that go in to sim card and then enter MEPD , so here if it will say Network active then your phone might be locked, now just try holding down the ALT Key whn you are typing MEPE and when it will ask you the Network MEP Code then enter 16 digit unlock code and press the jog dial for confirming the same and after that the phone will be debranded.

I also wanted to add that you wont be able to see the text when you are entering MEPD , you can get the code form the unlockgenie site.