Thread: Black Screen appears when turned on Toshiba Satellite C655-S5307

Black Screen appears when turned on Toshiba Satellite C655-S5307

Didn’t expect such a worst quality from Toshiba. I bought a brand new laptop of Toshiba Satellite C655-S5307 for myself. When I unpacked the laptop it looked shiny and very much attractive, I kept it overnight for charging and then the very next morning when I turned on the laptop what I noticed was that I can only see a black screen that’s all. The only think which indicates me that the system started is the green led power light and the fan spinning sound.

But then later on even the green light and the fan stopped working, I mean the whole system autmotically got shut down.

Anyone who is facing the same problem that too with their new system?

Re: Black Screen appears when turned on Toshiba Satellite C655-S5307

There is a quick solution from my side, this solution will hardly take more than 5 minutes, just try it and let me know the result:
    • Turn off the system and unplugged
    • Remove battery
    • Plug in AC cord
    • Start the machine

Let me know whether the system turned on properly or not and also make sure to note down the changes if any.

Dude do as I say, hope this will definitely work out. Just keep your laptop turn on until the complete charge of your machine goes down and becomes completely empty. Allow the battery to die, and then leave the laptop as it is for at least next 3 to 4 days; make sure that the empty battery is still inserted in the machine.

Now plug in and then see that the orange light is flashing. As soon as you see the orange light make sure that you press the power button at the same moment. The system will definitely show as if it failed while booting it is actually booting, as it did in my case.

Yeah you are right, I have seen this problem posted by most of the people in many other forums and there have been reports regarding the same issue. They say that the issue is easily resolved only if the battery is completely dead.

I was quite cool when I had this problem, in fact I simple didn’t touch the laptop for next 7 days believing that after I plug in the charger the laptop will work fine, but it fooled me, the system didn’t work. I am still facing the problem, I am sure that the machine starts but there is something which is not allowing the screen to be displayed.

Let me tell you I tried all the possible things suggested to me but still nothing worked. Don’t know what exactly is causing this problem. Everything was working fine on the day when I bought my new Toshiba satellite laptop, in fact I used it for at least two hours but then while accessing the system the battery got empty and the laptop got automatically off.

Believing that it happened due to the empty charge in the battery, I plugged in the charger and left the system to get charge for at least 3 to 4 hours but then when I tried starting the machine, it gives no response. Trying to get the solution from a long time.

I am sure it’s your charger or else the charging port that is not working. As you said that the battery however had some charge when you turned on the system first time, so definitely I think battery could not be the main cause as it already had some amount of charge in it. Just make sure that the orange light or the charging light gets on whenever you plug in the charger to the machine and connect it to the socket. If the charging light won’t turn on then the thing is clear that your charger port has been defected.

The problem for such blank or black display issue could be due to the lack of power supply to the display or also it could be due the video card if the screen is displayed with some color.

If your system turns on normally and smoothly but displays a blank screen then I think it could be due to the lack of power supply to the display monitor, internal wirings could be the major cause for such issue, if you really doubt with the power supply then better send your machine to the care center and show it to them as you said that your system is new so definitely it must be under warranty.

And if you see any other single color displayed on your screen without anything written on it or any other exception displayed then definitely its due to the video card. Either your video card is defected or connected loosely. It can also be due to the RAM.

And if you see any other single color displayed on your screen without anything written on it or any other exception displayed then definitely its due to the video card. Either your video card is defected or connected loosely. It can also be due to the RAM.
    Hey dude the RAM problem could be the only cause if and only if you encounter a blank screen with a beep sound occurring continuously without allowing system to start.

Believing that it happened due to the empty charge in the battery, I plugged in the charger and left the system to get charge for at least 3 to 4 hours but then when I tried starting the machine, it gives no response but only makes an irritating nose with a beep sound. Trying to get the solution from a long time.
    I think in your case it’s due to the RAM. Just try to remove the RAM from your system, clean it gently and then attach it again to the same slot from where you removed it. Now try to start your laptop, hope it will work.

Ok my Toshiba Satellite C655-S5307 shows black screen when i turn on and the green light stays on but the fan only comes when i first it up then i shuts off.

Quote Originally Posted by Imight69her View Post
    Ok my Toshiba Satellite C655-S5307 shows black screen when i turn on and the green light stays on but the fan only comes when i first it up then i shuts off.
    Have you tried turning the laptop on, while it has a charge and is unplugged until the battery completely dies and leave it to sit for 5 days unplugged but with the battery inserted. Dont touch it or try to turn it on while it sits and the batt loses its charge. Then plug it in and see the orange charging light. immediately hit the power button

I have the same problem. I have tohsiba sattalite c655 and it is booting up it sounds windows welcome music but displays nothing. black screen... when I plug external Monitor it shows everything but fixed monitor shows nothing. sometimes it displays but it take 1-2 minutes..

Quote Originally Posted by Agashka View Post
    I have the same problem. I have tohsiba sattalite c655 and it is booting up it sounds windows welcome music but displays nothing. black screen... when I plug external Monitor it shows everything but fixed monitor shows nothing. sometimes it displays but it take 1-2 minutes..
    If you have tried connecting it to the external Monitor and it is working fine with the same then there are possibilities that there might be some kind of hardware issue with the fixed monitor, you will have to get it checked.