Thread: Is it possible to fit Nintendo 3DS inside the case of DS Lite?

Is it possible to fit Nintendo 3DS inside the case of DS Lite?

Hi I am having Nintendo’s DS Lite. I have heard a lot about the new Nintendo 3DS and am planning to buy it soon. I would like to know this few things. I have read that the dimension of both 3DS and the DS Lite is almost same. So is it possible in anyways to fit in the 3DS into the DS Lite case? I would also love to know more about the games available for the 3DS. Any suggestions then please come forward to say it. It would be appreciated.

Re: Is it possible to Nintendo 3DS inside the case 0f DS Lite?

I don’t know the exact dimensions, weight and size of the Nintendo 3DS. But as far as I have heard about it, the size of the Nintendo 3DS is bigger than the size of the Nintendo DS Lite. So it won’t be possible to fit in the 3DS in the case of DS Lite. I would suggest you not to think of forcing in the 3DS in the DS lite case or else you would end up damaging the magnificent product. Its worth you spend some more cash and get a new fitting case for the 3DS rather than damaging the product.

It’s necessary to keep the Nintendo 3DS away from dirt and damage. So you can protect them by using the case provided for them. You did not provided any specific detail about which DS Lite case you are using? That’s why it is a bit difficult to help you out in your query. I would like to know which case you are planning to use, or planning to fit in the Nintendo 3DS. It’s a Crystal & Silicon Skin Case or a Silicone Skin Case or which one exactly?

Hey I am sorry for providing inadequate details in my previous post. I have got a Nintendo DS Lite Crystal and Silicon Skin case and a soft Leather pouch case and also one Airform Pouch (Black). So can anyone tell me, in which of the three DS Lite case can I properly fit my new Nintendo 3DS without damaging it or compromising with its protection. Hope this many information will help in getting a proper solution. Please Help.

Re: Is it possible to fit Nintendo 3DS inside the case of DS Lite?

I don’t think so you can fit the Nintendo 3DS in your Crystal and Silicon Case. As the Size of 3Ds is slightly bigger than the DS Lite (6% more to me specific) and the crystal case being thick and hard, the case won’t be expanding enough to adjust the 3DS in it. But 3DS will easily fit inside the leather pouch and also within the Airform Pouch. They have enough of space to fit the 3DS easily without any struggle. Airform pouch would be the best one though.