Thread: Nokia N900 connected to internet via ethernet cable

Nokia N900 connected to internet via ethernet cable

Hello friend I am using Nokia N900 phone. I bought this phone recently. I am really enjoying this phone. My home PC is not working currently. I am not able to use the internet. I am frequent user of internet. I use GPSR connection in my phone for the internet connection. But it is very slow. So now my question is that want to use my internet connection on my phone. I want my Ethernet cable to put in my mobile for internet connection. I searched for this over the internet but could not get the better solution. Is there anyone on this forum know the way to connect Ethernet cable directly to my Nokia phone.

Re: Nokia N900 connected to internet via ethernet cable

I would like to appreciate you for this idea. I never thought about this of using internet connection directly on to mobile phone. I think there should be some way to do this. But I kwon it is only possible due to wifi connection. I also really want to know this technique. I have not seen any phone with RJ45 connection. Is there any phone with port. I use internet connection on my phone through WAP service proved my network provider. So If any have idea please post it will really help most of the people in case there PC in not working.

First of all I want to make sure that there no mobile phone in the market available till now with RJ45 port. So there is point to put Ethernet cable directly to your mobile phone. But there is some technique that can be used to have internet connection directly from the Ethernet cable. There is a RJ45 to USB connector available in the market. You can put your Ethernet cable into the RJ45 port and USB to your mobile phone. In this way only you can have internet connection no other way.

Thank you friend for giving me such a important information about to connect internet connection on my mobile through the Ethernet cable. I was looking for this type of solution friend. Today only I will get this device and have a fun of internet on my mobile phone. No I no need to look for the Wi-Fi connection for internet I will just carry this device always with me. When I need internet on my phone I can use this. So I would like to thanks once again for your response.

It is really amazing that now to have Ethernet cable on your phone. It will give greater speed than WAP and GPRS. Tell me one thing does it require to install any software to work on the phone. Because when we use internet with USB cable on computer we need to install the driver for that. So in this case is there any need to have driver or not. What about the phone not having USB port like E72. Is there any way to have Ethernet connection on mobile phone without USB port? If yes, please let me know.